Heater delete plates... or are they?

bobs409

Administrator
Got to raid a 62 Chevy C30 today for some parts. I removed these plates from the firewall assuming they were heater delete plates.

Before I left, I noticed there was NO dash delete plate and it had 2 levers there.

So I'm confused, heater delete or not? :?

Attachments

• 100_0105.jpg
    100_0105.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0106.jpg
    100_0106.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 116

OldTruckNut

Well Known Member
Actually it was both. Those plates were used with the heater delete option, but were also used with the standard el-cheapo heater called the re-circulating heater. It was mounted under the glovebox with the heater hoses passing through the firewall. The deluxe heater was called the fresh air heater. It was mounted under the hood with only the hot air plenum passing through the firewall and the fresh air coming from the cowl vent. I have some of each in my old trucks, including the heater delete option in my '65 C80 409 fire truck. I guess they figured if you're going to a fire you don't need no dang heater!

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Old truck nut, I bet that's what it was then, just a basic heater. Now that you mention it, I remember seeing what looked like a blower motor under the glove box area somewhere. The truck was to be crushed so I doubt it will still be there next time to confirm.

Bob

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Around here I think tin is 200.00 a ton. Was much lower not that long ago. I could get 400.00 for my car!:roll