Heater hose thing

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Can anybody tell me what the "H" shaped pipe is called for the heater hose? I'm trying to find one for my 61 but it's hard to search when you don't know what you're looking for. I'll bypass it if I have to but I'd rather not.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Why did the cars even have these ? And , are the other years different or don't have them at all? Just curious. Thank for for any information.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My understanding they were used to control back pressure on the heater under the dash.

Dave

Junky

Well Known Member
Political correctness has never been one of my strong points but I probably should have said 2 vertical tubes joined by a horizontal tube in the center thing. Thanks for helping me stay out of trouble.

Thanks James!

I remember a post where person said that they were to stop gurgling in the heater. I have 2 of them in my garage that I still can't find where they are hiding, except mine have to 2 horizontal tubes connected by one vertical tube.

As a side note, when I was reading the factory assembly manual, I noticed in the drawing that the hose off of the heater on the A/C car had a 90 degree bend to them, and a specific part number for each hose. Anyone have a picture of an original car that might be able to verify what the drawing in the FAS manual has pictured?