Hei Distributor on a 348 motor

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Yes but the only problem is where the pin goes i have to snug to in order to put pin in

Going tighter to get the cotter key in is possibly too tight.

Here is from the 62 shop manual.
Tighten spindle nut to 15 ft lbs. torque while rotating wheel.
Back off adjusting nut one flat and insert cotter key.
If slot and cotter pin hole do not align, back off adjusting nut and additional 1/2 flat or less as required to insert cotter pin.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Old issue but the cotter pin problem was due to whoever the seller was didn't supply the special nut and washer. Disc kits for 1955-68 require a special thinner castle nut and tang washer to be able to get cotter pin in
Possibly he over tightened the bearings trying to get cotter pin in the hole

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I just fabricated my lower control arm and used 1980 spindle resolved that problem but thank you for the information

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Whats up everyone..what bracket do you guys use for the 508 air compressor for a 348 engine could someone please give a part number or a name would appreciate it:winner

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Check with Show Cars for Allen Grove brackets.There are two "styles",one for a lower mount style[must relocate the battery on a 58],and one that mounts higher up.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thank you very much for the Information.im trying to see what bracket this is as well I see Allen show Cars.thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-071506_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-071506_eBay.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 20

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The mount shown would be the "Low mount".The high mount positions the compressor up by the intake.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
But I was reading and its say low mount you have to remove battery and this 58 has the battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608-120543_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608-120543_eBay.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone I have a question regarding a 1958 impala gas tank if you see the picture what is that port that comes out on the left side where the gas fuel goes not the sending unit its a little port on the side if anyone knows what goes hook up or what I run there I would appreciate it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-211410_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-211410_Google.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 16

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ok but on the filler neck there nothing there for it to connect is there something we got to put there for vent..please let me know don thank you for ur help

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone I have a question for the old fuel pumps Screenshot_20210802-121230_Amazon Shopping.jpgwhat was that top port use for ..I was told it was use for wiper...how true is that is that information correct or is it used for something else please let me know thanks

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
That "tube?" is a vent.It is used in marine applicatons by running a hose from there to to the "Flame Arrester"[air filter] to remove fumes from a leaky diaphram and keep them out of the engine area.They can also be used as a "Boost reference" for a low[7-9 psi] boosted applications.With the problems caused by todays quality control Make sure to check the pressure coming out of the new one and having a regulator handy isn't a bad idea.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Whats up everyone I hope everyone is good..does anybody know what oil conversion kit to put in my 348 engine...or does anyone have one..

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone I got a question dose anyone have a clear set of copy of a installation instructions on a continental kit for a 1958 impala please let me know or guide me in the right direction where I could get one I would really appreciate it thank you