Hei Distributor on a 348 motor

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I put new lines and new radiators the transmission was linking a little fix that it started doing it ever since I put the new hei distributor but it's fine when it's cold but the when I start driving and like its very hot here in Las vegas I go to stop and then take off it struggling... next is tranny and exhaust

floyd

Well Known Member
Whats your ignition timing at?Check the ground wire from your coil to top of cap.Your ignition module may be weak,or dry on the bottom.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I bought a brand new distributor for it.when I shut the car off it dont back fire or nothing shut off perfectly it's just when I drive it and it get hot is when it struggling... but I definitely decided to buy the 3 carburetor intake for it and I'm gonna see if it works better for it..

wristpin

Well Known Member
You might want to put the origional points distributor back on it and get it running good with that 4 barrel carb first. Then put 3x2 intake and carbs on then dial those in. Or you just might be starting a new thread titled "It wont idle or run, Help!"

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone I have a question is it normal for it to throw smoke out oil breathers cap and from oil valve cover cap ....but I mean constantly

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If the smoke gets worse under acceleration,it's rebuild time.That smoke is "blow by".It's usually caused by worn pistons and rings.The rings have lost a lot of their ability to seal.How many miles are on that engine?

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Guys I found out the previous owner drill a whole on the valve cover...I couldn't believe how much stuff I'm finding wrong on this car

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So if you see how it looks normal well the valve cover on the passenger side he drill to put that... now I got to buy valve cover. Smoke come out of that and the breathing oil cap

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
That motor's likely had one "overhaul",and is getting tired.The longer that you run it ,the worse it will become.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The hole is where the the passengers valve cover is it looks like it's dressed up with that breathers caps is at but he put a rubber grommet and then put that cap...I look at alot off 348 motor and none have that on valve cover's there all solid...don yea I'm gonna run tell it dies then I'll just put a new motor and tranny in it... I haven't decided yet if I'll do a ls3 or a 383 or just take the original and rebuild it.but I dont drive it that much only on the weekend if I have time to take her out...