Hei Distributor on a 348 motor

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
whats up everyone how could i tell the original paint code on my car if i dont got that tag where the motors at.. i would even like to see where it was built at i tried to goggle it but nothing my first four numbers to the vin F580 please im trying to get the color code thank you god bless

floyd

Well Known Member
How did it run with the point set-up.Most HEI distributors dont need anything changed,except the ignition module in the back of it,below the cap.Alt of them are cheap,when the engine gets hot,they start to seperate and lose connection.Make sure on the bottom of the module has enough correct grease on it.If the distributor sits low in the intake,its in a hot spot,a heat shield may be needed.Make sure you have a good ground from the motor to the frame and battery.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Floyd its running alot better..the gap of the plug made a difference..also the baffle and pcv valve that pvs409 gave me information about work out really good

Last edited:

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
whats up everyone i have a two question first one is front disc brakes did anyone upgrade with a kit or did a whole 70 disc conversion...second rear end i bought my cruiser skirts but i got to do something with the rear end any suggestions someone please help appreciated thank you

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
1958 delivery i have front disc brakes i just thought there was a spindle that we could put on instead of having bracket for the conversion

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone...i didn't realize my oil was low and I was driving my car and I believe lifter is knocking now is there a easy fix or do I have to rebuild all engine please let me know thanks again

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Not necessarily.If the noise is coming from just one side,pull that valve cover and check for a loose rocker.How's the oil pressure?