Hei Distributor on a 348 motor

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
where do I put the Guage tester at...on my engine I don't got a oil pressure sensor so buy a chance where do adapt the Guage at

wristpin

Well Known Member
Get 1/8" npt T and nipples. Then remove oip pressure sensor and put the T and fittings together so you can run guage line and have idiot light.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
all i have is the draft tube what about this right here in front of the distributor in the picture thats plugged up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200620-183823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200620-183823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 29

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No place on your intake manifold can you tap for oil pressure. I have never had a 348 so I can only guess they are in the same places as the 409's. On the drivers side of the block above the oil filter is probably your best and easiest. Secondly would be the front of the block. One of the experts here jump in, which they will shortly. They always do. Its kinda like their responsibility you know :D

Look at the attached pic. See where the oil filter attaches. Look at the brass fitting right below it.

Attachments

• 348 oil galley.jpg
    348 oil galley.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 25

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
348-409 both in the same spots;one just above the oil filter,the other at the front of the engine.If the noise is more of a tapping sound,it's likely valve train.If is a deeper rumbling sound,it's likely bearings.On the other hand,it could be a bad fuel pump which sounds like a loose rocker.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes i found it they just had it plugged up its right where you guys are saying i have a mission now to find the right wire that goes to it also so i could put a sensor....i took the valve covers off and checked this out bent push rod....do you guys know the specs on the torke for the lifter buy a chance I would really appreciate it man im glad I found this site alot of good knowledge from alot of you guys thanks again for your help

Attachments

• 20200620_222327.jpg
    20200620_222327.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200620_223548.jpg
    20200620_223548.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 25

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone happy fathers to all fathers...ok don im not understanding..
Tdc part is alright if you give me a little more detail please thanks

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Bring the piston to top dead center,compression stroke.The valves will be in the fully closed position at that point.In this case,I wouldn't touch any of the other valves just yet.Adjust the cylinder with the new parts.Adjust the rocker until you can't move the rocker arm up and down.Once the play is gone,tighten the adjuster 1/2 turn further down.Start engine[yes,it'll get a little messy] and listen for noise.If quiet,install valve cover,clean up oilly mess,you're done.

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ok cool thank you very much......I went to the auto store and no one has it its special order all the one they have are length different but hopefully ill get it by Tuesday But again thank you don and I hope u have a good father's day

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone i got the pushrods fix that and also took that plug out and put an oil pressure sending unit...found the wire and had to wire it back up but got the light to work when I put it on mode turns on then when its running it shuts off

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have a question what type of fan you guys use for your motor i ran a 16 electric fan and temperature Guage don't stay in the middle i live in las vegas its hot out here is there something I could do

Jaime arias

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
whats up everyone's i have a question...i don't have a color match tag on my impala i was removing the heater cover and I saw a different color of paint on my car...could I find the right color with the vent tag for the car please let me know i though my paint color was original

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The vin plate would not provide any color information. You would need the codes from the cowl tag or you might be able to have a local paint supply store scan the original paint color to try and match it.