Hello, my name is Jeff and I'm low on Crown.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey guys. Haven't been on the site for quite a while so I will bring you up to speed so to speak.

Quit my GM job at the elevator in Clark and I won't go into detail as to why because it really doesn't matter. For those who don't know what an elevator is it's a business that buys and stores grain, sells feed, fertilizer, sometimes fuel and where farmers go to whine. Also, most are not privately owned. The majority are cooperative's such as Clark so you have a board of directors (farmers) to answer to which is also great fun.

Anyhoo, I am now the GM of a different cooperative elevator in the big city of Estelline, SD. (Wristpin knows where that's at) and am in the process of packing up all my wife's crap as well as my precious cars/pickup and related parts and stuffing it all in the pole shed at my rental house so we can list our house for sale. Only been at my new job for a month now so still trying to get acclimated and remember the names of the multitudes of free seed corn hat wearing farmers that come in the door all the while trying to look for a new place to live that has enough room for my treasures. Kim's shit may have to go...…..

Wish me luck and I hope to soon be sharing all my witty and colorful insights with you fine folks again on a regular basis.

Bob, you be nice now.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
What about me?????????
Good luck with the new job!!! Moving is a bummer!!! Been thru it twice and the only way I'm leaving here is in an ambulance to a nursing home!!!!
Hang in there Jeff and as always.....if sometime happens....always ask us for our valued opinions!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Wondered where you've been Jeff. Sometimes life has a curve in the road. Looks like you didn't go in the ditch and found a new adventure to follow. Good luck. Do they have Crown there? BTW we deal with Co-op managers all the time and know what you mean about having a bunch of farmers as your boss.

bobs409

Administrator
I think Phil would prefer this one:

misc84.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What about me?????????
Good luck with the new job!!! Moving is a bummer!!! Been thru it twice and the only way I'm leaving here is in an ambulance to a nursing home!!!!
Hang in there Jeff and as always.....if sometime happens....always ask us for our valued opinions!!!!

That's what I thought too until the River changed my mind. Getting a bit nervous right now.IMG_20180707_201114397_HDR.jpgIMG_20180707_201114397_HDR.jpg

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good luck in your new surroundings.....SD might have hidden treasures....maybe a SS 425/409 that was only driven to the racetrack on Sundays and is now in a farmers barn !!!???

Junky

Well Known Member
Jeff....

Welcome back, and a lot has changed since you have been away. Some of the old guys are now suffering from dementia and are grumpy and forgetful.. I am sure that you are going to enjoy being an elevator operator in South Carolina. Just remember to properly announce what is on each floor, as you open the doors. Like "welcome to floor flour, where you will find home goods, bedding, draperies, etc......."
Junky.... one of the demented ones that hasn't misplaced his warped sense of humor.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I was wondering if the temps were to high for you Jeff. My grandmother was at Estalline nursing home till she passed. Used to be a guy with a yellow '68/'69 Olds Cutlass conv in that town. Maybe I'll stop in one of these days.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome back Jeff, better get some crown,you will feel better. I did not know you was a elevator man. My memory as I was raised on a farm hauling wheat to a local elevator was driving on a ramp for the front wheels of a pickup that had no bed lift to dump the wheat. So the truck was in the air only on the front,was a thrill almost like a circus ride . lol. So after the pickup was lowered down , you try and start it and the carburetor would be flooded. So you cranked on it till it finally started ,some did not start and had to be pulled out with a tractor to start. I remember the guys working to unload trucks wearing the dust mask's ,very dusty condition's. So my dad and other farmers would put the high moisture wheat on bottom and the drier on top. That worked ok till they had a shaft probe that opened on the bottom only. Lol. Does this sound familiar to you or am I too old. :D

wristpin

Well Known Member
Lake Poinsett and Lake Albert which are right outside Estelline have great walleye and northern fishing. Duck and goose hunting are great in northern SD too.
During the winter it's so cold ice isn't required for Crown.