Hello, my name is Jeff and I'm low on Crown.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hows the Knees :dunno

Knees are doing very well. Still get a little sore if I really overdo it or spent time on a ladder.

Sorry Jeff about my demented friends who have hijacked your post!!!!!

You have friends??? Sorry, it had to be done.:poke

Welcome back Jeff, better get some crown,you will feel better. I did not know you was a elevator man. My memory as I was raised on a farm hauling wheat to a local elevator was driving on a ramp for the front wheels of a pickup that had no bed lift to dump the wheat. So the truck was in the air only on the front,was a thrill almost like a circus ride . lol. So after the pickup was lowered down , you try and start it and the carburetor would be flooded. So you cranked on it till it finally started ,some did not start and had to be pulled out with a tractor to start. I remember the guys working to unload trucks wearing the dust mask's ,very dusty condition's. So my dad and other farmers would put the high moisture wheat on bottom and the drier on top. That worked ok till they had a shaft probe that opened on the bottom only. Lol. Does this sound familiar to you or am I too old. :D

I remember the days of dumping pickups, trucks with no hoists and flare box wagons with the hoist. Now everyone has semi's and many that pull double trailers so they can haul 1800-1900 bushels at a time.

Lake Poinsett and Lake Albert which are right outside Estelline have great walleye and northern fishing. Duck and goose hunting are great in northern SD too.
During the winter it's so cold ice isn't required for Crown.

Yes sir, lots of lakes down here to choose from and one thing about small towns in SD, seems the very last things to die in town are generally the elevator, liquor store and bar so the Crown supply should remain sufficient.
And speaking of the Estelline Care Center my aunt and grandmother spent time there in their golden years so I have been here many times over the years.