Help Backpack Leaf Blower

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The more research I do, the more confused I become. Your experiences, brand, model, 2 or 4 stroke. I do know that the 2 strokes are a bit lighter.

Thanks.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Oh boy you are going to hear it on this one Dave!
I recently bought a Two stroke stihl I forgot the model number. But I picked all of them up and bought one I don’t need a strap on me for support. I like the lightness. It wasn’t the biggest strapless nor the small one. After first season I bought the tool that fits the carb adjustments screws and gave it a tuning and much happier. Don’t use ethanol enhanced gas and use a synthetic mixing oil. Lots of folks buy the premix from Lowe’s but I never liked the cost but It works great and is what to use if no non ethanol in your area
Robert

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A couple of years ago I purchases an Echo 2stroke hand held blower. It works pretty good over all, and it works for my small area. I do wish I had purchased a backpack model with more power though. Probably just me wanting more power to get things done faster.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A couple of years ago I purchases an Echo 2stroke hand held blower. It works pretty good over all, and it works for my small area. I do wish I had purchased a backpack model with more power though. Probably just me wanting more power to get things done faster.
I thought 2 strokes were banned in CA, is it just in certain areas?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I bought a new Husqavarna line trimmer about 6 years ago and at that time they were doubling the factory warranty if you bought 3 quarts of their premix fuel at the same time. That tells me that the majority of their warranty claims is from 10% ethanol crap gas. Its expensive (as far as gas goes) but convenient to just buy those quart cans as 1 will last me all season and I don't have to have a special jug for premix sitting around.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
We're up to 11 cases in the county. The 1 death was an 81 year old, so....... keeping Mary away from the world. We're not keeping the 6' rule right now, see pic. Fired up the grill for Iowa Chops, having a drink, and watching Trump on the computer.IMG_20200408_173706259.jpgIMG_20200408_173706259.jpg