Help Identify

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can anyone tell me what this distributor was used in?:dunno The guy I got it from said he had it in a SB Chev. It is a Delco Remy 1110891 6E26

Attachments

• duelpoint1.jpg
    duelpoint1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 154
  • duelpoint2.jpg
    duelpoint2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 136
  • duelpoint3.jpg
    duelpoint3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 129

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Dist info

Reminds me of early pontiac straight 8 but do not know for sure. Maybe some " old timers " can remember back that far. Just catch them before their nap!:roll I had one years ago and it looked very similar. I think it was a 1950.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
MRHP

Where did a baby like you hear about the straight 8? :scratch The distributor Tripower has is a dual point for 57 Chevrolets, the 220, 245 and dual four 270 HP passenger and corvette. Date code 1956, June 26th.

Someone would want that for their car.

Bill

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
MRHP

Where did a baby like you hear about the straight 8? :scratch The distributor Tripower has is a dual point for 57 Chevrolets, the 220, 245 and dual four 270 HP passenger and corvette. Date code 1956, June 26th.

Someone would want that for their car.

Bill

I had a feeling it was corvette...but it doesn't have a tachdrive...Thanks chevymusclecars

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I had a feeling it was corvette...but it doesn't have a tachdrive...Thanks chevymusclecars

Corvette didn't get the tach drive dist until 62. Like bill said, the 891 dual point was used in optional high perf and special high perf small blocks from 57 to 61 except the FI.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
chevymusclecars- Had one years ago. I had lots of old iron from 1930 on up. It must be the picture, but the dist cap retainers look huge. Also no gear on the bottom through me off. Maybe I should leave identifying parts to you older chaps!:brow

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
MRHP

Most people expect a tach drive on a Corvette distributor but some of us actually ran that distributor on small blocks because of the centrifugal advance and dual points. It was kind of hard to get engine vacuum with the duration on the cams we used. I never had a straight eight but with the gear missing it does make it look more like the 235 Chevy distributor. Just remember, some day you be on this site and someone will be calling you the old guy.:roll :roll :roll

Bill