Help needed and appreciated

Clanier

Hi guys. If this post is not allowed, please delete. As some have seen I just acquired a a small batch of parts that I was not expecting. I went to buy one short block in the crate and came home with it all(Dumb Luck). I have my short block and the parts I will need for my build. I hate to have the rest just sitting (like the family I bought this from) and not being used. I would like to sell off the rest but have no realistic way to price the items so that I know it's a fair deal for both parties. I am still gathering info on some of the parts (Thanks to the info on this forum!) such as date codes and such. My question is , where do I start? Thanks in advance.

59-61 348 (1)Complete 348 engine pan to intake. Block #3755011
63-64 409 (3)Blocks Part #3830814(One block had a cast aluminum oil pan on it)
Another 348 with heads looks to be in rough shape

62-65 (1) Pair bare heads. Part #3819333 348/409 HD Truck
63-65 (1) Pair of heads complete Part #3830817 409
(4) Sets of chrome valve covers
(1) Set of Offenhauser Valve covers (Some chips in fins)
(2) 2x4 aluminum intakes. Part #3814881
(1) 1x4 aluminum intake Part #3814678
(1) 2x3 cast iron intake with carbs. Part #9948?
(3) 1x4 Cast iron intakes
(1) GM Part #1#3969835. Single 4 barrel intake heat sheild in the package.
(1) Dipstick Part # 3896912
(3) Timing Chain Covers
(1) Hurst Competition 4 speed shifter
(3) Oil breather tubes
Assorted pistons/rods
Water pumps
Oil pumps
Exhaust manifolds
Harmonic balancers
Misc. Parts

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'd recommend cleaning everything up and assessing condition first. Then take a lot of pictures of the parts and create a little narrative on each component you wish to sell.

The three 409 blocks appear to be your most in demand pieces. Get those bare, cleaned and crack checked then mic the bores and note condition. If these are passenger blocks that haven't been beat on you've got something others want :).

The 817 heads have value as well as the various aluminum intakes. Most buyers like to know all the casting numbers, date codes, etc. That and condition.

Others can chime in with suggestions.

Good luck!

TomK

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree look things over and do your research then let us know ,i am looking for a 814 block.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
We can help you with price ranges if you'd like them as well.

Most folks here know what these components go for and we can provide a range for you to consider. That range will depend on condition, etc.

Or you can send everything to me and I'll promise to find good homes for everything :) :) :).

TomK

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes condition is everything,are you familier with the well known crack [freeze crack] that happens in the side of some 409 blocks, i don't think that many people forgot to check there antifreeze.

Last edited:

heddrik

Well Known Member
Gee , finding 3 409 blocks must be nice! What a great haul. The members here are all salivating waiting on your assessment I assure you, myself included. Good luck. Where is Richmond Hill at?