Help power glide folks

El Rat

Well Known Member
Hi gents
I bought a “junk yard” PG that I wanted to put in my ride while I hopped up my existing Biscayne. Regardless I would like to have somebody tell me what the little seal is that was laying in the pan. It will slide into the dipstick register. Also what is the blue paint on the valve body and is there a spring on the kick down lever?
As always thank you!

Junky

Well Known Member
Is this a cast iron or aluminum powerglide? Do you know the year car it came out of? The aluminum powerglide was introduced in 1962, and all the cars had the aluminum powerglide starting in 1963. Not all powerglide transmissions were created equally, and modifications and improvements were made through the years.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember using a little tool to pull the shifter shaft seal, but I don't remember them being that thick. Could be though :dunno can we get a measurement on this thing and a side shot?

Junky

Well Known Member
The tube could have been broken previously, and replaced. With used junk yard parts, you never know what you are getting. I had my powerglide rebuilt, and the previous person that had their hands in there left out an important part. One never knows if it is an original transmission with all its original parts after someone else had their hands in it.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I think I got it. Might be a thin walled sleeve used to “Bush” the dip tube diameter where the bottom of the tube goes into the transmission case. The case where the dip stick tube goes is kinda sloppy.