Help support this site

bobs409

Administrator
Has this site helped you or your classic/antique Chevy? Made any new friends here? Find yourself coming here regularly? Do you get more information here than from that costly magazine subscription?

If so, maybe it's time to show your support with a financial donation. You can help to ensure that this site will remain and continue to grow. All money collected is used for the sole benefit of this site. Now that we have upgraded, we now have yearly renewal costs to deal with so we have to rely on member support.

Those that donate will get a special "supporting member" title and icon next to your username on this bulletin board so everyone will know you've helped.

Interested? To learn more, go to: http://www.348-409.com/donate.html

Thank you,

Bob a.k.a. "bobs409"-administrator

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Bob
I just put a check in the mail, maybe that will keep you quiet for a while............just kidding..........the site is great Bob........everyone should be contributing.
This is the same thing I write to the cruise papers about around here. In Burlington, Ont there is a weekly cruise with 5-600 cars every Wednesday........it's held at a huge mall. I tell everyone to buy their supper there and go shopping in the mall to show support to the sponsors of the cruise night.
We gotta keep this thing alive..........
BJ:cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks guys but remember, it's not for me, it's for the site. None of the money sticks to my fingers. :D I've even chipped in some cash myself because im just one of the guys too! ;)

The time I spend working on this website I consider a hobby. I have fun and it keeps me occupied on rainy days.

Long live 348-409.com!!!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,I just noticed some supporting members have green trophys with 2 on them.Does that mean you have donated twice?It can't mean this is there 2nd year because dq doesn't have one and he's been on this site for ever hasn't he?

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
O gezzzzz ! now I have to upgrade !! :D

So what is the colored ball next to our name? and why the different colors?

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim Kwi -

Have you posted any pictures of your engine? Looks like a cross ram and I've never seen one up close on a W.

Bob - Yes, I owe you something. Haven't forgotten. So if we send 20 checks each for $1 will you put a 20 on the trophy? :rolleyes: :)

bobs409

Administrator
tmracing62 said:
Bob - Yes, I owe you something. Haven't forgotten. So if we send 20 checks each for $1 will you put a 20 on the trophy? :rolleyes: :)

I may run out of colors by then! #3 is red though incase anyone was wondering. lol

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,I,ll send my donation in tonight I need another decal my window I destroyed my first one I thought it was a water slide and soaked it to long.any tips on how to install it?Bob I'm curious how was your first member to sign up to this great site?

bobs409

Administrator
Jim,

That decal isn't worth much, it's just something I printed from my computer. NOT water resistant what so ever! :D

Next up im going to have some professional stickers made up so you might want to hold off for them. Im looking into something like a vinyl, weather resisitant type.

As for supporting members, when we first started this idea, we put it to a vote if we should go to a professional webhost or not and the response was huge! No one wanted to stay with our old free forum/host so we took donations and got this site going right!

At that time, the letters were coming in by the 3's and 4's or more so the best I can give you is the first 3 supporting members. My list shows; Ray (fatride) and Roy (tripowerguy) and Tommy (real61ss), as being the first donations to arrive.

There were many more of course and we had no trouble getting the site going.

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim,

Checked out those photos. Very cool. I mean it. All of it is outstanding.

Michael

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Photo Album

THANKS TM,you should start a photo album of your car.I had to go to your past threads to check out your 62 very cool really like that 800 hp engine.Any idea what kind of ET'S your going to to run?Have you checked it out on a computer program?I'm going to guess maybe 9.50's.

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
supporting members

Bob
I've been feeling bad about not sending you a little more support money to bring me up to a #2 supporter.I know that this site costs money and we ALL have to do our share.After looking through the members list I see we are having to carry a lot of non supporting members.Have you not up dated the list or are there that many bums letting the rest of us do the paying?Hell we have one with over 500 post that is a non supporting member.
I will continue to be one of the few and send more money.Thanks for the great site(it's worth it)

bobs409

Administrator
Thank you Dan. :cheers It all goes into the "kitty" to keep us going and for improvements.

As with any volunteer donation type site, not all will choose to or be able to donate but that's to be expected.

Those that spend time here helping others are also giving to the site so we can't forget them too! :) :hug

Bob