help with clutch

59wright

I have a 348(3755011) bellhousing 3741311 Flywheel (3789738) 4 speed muncie (8925660).

I got a clutch from napa a year ago put it in and thought everything was ok. Not the clutch was wrong too large hit the bell housing and wouldn't turn over.
I have no reciept but thankfully the guy at napa rembers me coming in and he said bring in the new clutch and he would try to get a correct one. He has guessed and got a few in none seem to be correct. If I could help him find me the correct one I will be able to make the swap Anyone know what napa part number to have him try?

Thanks
Beau

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Speeking of Clutches!!!!

I have a 348(3755011) bellhousing 3741311 Flywheel (3789738) 4 speed muncie (8925660).

I got a clutch from napa a year ago put it in and thought everything was ok. Not the clutch was wrong too large hit the bell housing and wouldn't turn over.
I have no reciept but thankfully the guy at napa rembers me coming in and he said bring in the new clutch and he would try to get a correct one. He has guessed and got a few in none seem to be correct. If I could help him find me the correct one I will be able to make the swap Anyone know what napa part number to have him try?

Thanks
Beau

Hi Beau

Speeking of clutches.
Over the years I have destroyed and burnt up a clutch or two. From my own experience the best clutch and the only clutch that I would recommend to run is a McLeod street twin disc. I wouldn't even think of using anything else, the reason for this is that my clutch has been in my Bubbletop now for over five years and has copped all sorts of punishment and abuse and has not faulted or let me down once! :D

I'm sure everyone will have thier own opinion on this, just my 2 cents.

chevytaylor :cheers

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Beau: Are you sure the pressure plate is the problem?:dunno If the pressure plate is too large, how did you get the bell housing on?:dunno Also, if the pressure plate was too large, and was hitting the bell housing, how did you turn the motor over, to tighten up the bolts? :dunno Skip:)

59wright

The bell housing went on and tighened up When it did it was touching the clutch. This prevented me from manually turnning the engine over with a flywheel wrench. Since it wasn't the correct clutch the guy at napa is trying to get me one that fits. If he finds one we will just swap it if not im screwed I have no recipt. I need a Napa clutch.