I am a little concerned about going to a place like Mountain Park though,,,,

It`s only a few minutes from towns like "Log Lick" and "little Abners" !!!:D

NO REALLY !!!! Look at a map !!!

Can ya`all squeal like a pig ??? eeeeeiiinnnneeeeeeiiiinnnn:roll :roll

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Shifting gears.

Ya know, I run a 700 R4 tranny with a B&M ratchet shifter. I have to bang the gears just like someone with a stick if I want to shift at a certain rpm. The only thing I am missing is the left peddle, hell you stick shift guys barely breath on that peddle anyway!:dunno All and all I have thought about installing a meat grinder, it would have to be an overdrive tranny tho, to feed my cruising Jones!:p

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
DQ in Kentucky.

DQ, you would fit in right well in Kentucky. Them old boys would just love you to death.
Really, just where would you be comfortable driving to? How far east would you come next year?
Main thing is, is there going to be a convention? And where? This needs to get on the front burner pretty quick so people can make plans. Start saving up for GAS to get there!
You talk about the town names in Kentucky, go to eastern Pennsylvania. Now those will roll your socks down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

bobs409

Administrator
SS425HP said:
You talk about the town names in Kentucky, go to eastern Pennsylvania. Now those will roll your socks down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Hey! What do you mean? :D

I know of one that's funny.... Intercourse, Pa. :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:coffee: Ya know, after reading all these posts I'm not much closer to a knowing what tranny to run.:scratch I'm still thinking an automatic is cheaper, more consistant and easier to install.:deal Probably the "smart" way to go... BUT, the standard would be more fun and more "era correct":beerbang So I'm going to postpone my descision as long as possible and let time and money dictate which way to go.
Hey Bob, I found that Powerglide smilie you were looking for. Here it is...:yawn: :D I think you did a good job of explaining the advantages of the various combinations, you even had a good word for the Glide... "I hate the thought, but the glide would be faster, quicker, and easier on tires.":D

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fred,

You are a real classy guy:bow Bonnie and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and support. You made us feel that we are part of the group. We also enjoyed Norwalk, meeting all the members, and the way you made everyone feel like you had known them for years. Like we say..... a real class act:bow :bow We must say that we would rather be a feature than just a small part of a bigger program. Bonnie and I love racing at small privately owned drag stips - it just seems to be more fun:) But like you Fred, we will go almost anywhere to meet and share another weekend with this group. We have no problem in going West to help out some of our West coast friends from the site. We also agree that this needs to be in the planning stage and we need to check with Phil about the possibility of the 2nd convention.

Currently, I am working for a safety and health and environmental group who are helping with the recovery from hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I expect to be retired or semi-retired again by the 1st of the year which means I will have time on my hands to help with either a convention or a group race weekend.

Tony and Bonnie

PS Great Lakes Dragaway is having a Halloween drag race, wheel stand and burnout competition Saturday, 10/29. The dragster is going to go as a door slammer:roll :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:bow Norwalk was great last year, lots of great cars and everything. But in my opinion it was the 348/409 gang that made it a special event. It makes little difference to me which track we go to next year. The Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk is in July next year so it's probably going to be awfully hot for camping out. And we haven't forgotten how the management decided that Tony's 409 powered dragster was too new and wouldn't let him run. And the really anoying part was that Tony had called ahead and had been assured that it would be okay for him to run. So, if the majority of the guys want a different venue this year, I'm in.:deal If there happens to be a convention this year we can always cancel the mini convention, or better yet, do both!:beerbang

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Which NAsh/RIchmond 5 speed are you all breaking?The street version with angle cut gears or the race version with the straight cut gears? Liberty and G&G both have a 5 speed based on that tranny that goes for over $3200!