Henrico County "The American Muscle Car" event

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I was invited to bring a car to the The American Muscle Event down in Henrico County Virginia (Richmond) this past Sunday. It is a public invited event to come visit with the early muscle car phenomena at a very nice large park. It is sponsored by the County and the local AACA region supports the event. No national show this past weekend so I accepted and brought the 62 SS since it is two fours, four speed, red and very appropriate for the event. They had a good enthusiastic crowd and many children as indicated by the several tiny finger prints on my 62. I let a younger pair of kids with their mommy sit behind the wheel while mommy snapped many photos. The older child thanked me. (Mommy did also) I arrived early not knowing what to expect for trailer parking and wasn't the first one there! Look what was shown beside my 62 that are both owned by one of our members! Hard to compete against him in volume but I did have the car prepped well. oh there were 8 carbs on these three cars!:cool:
robert
IMG_6822.JPG

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thank you for coming Robert. My wife works for the Henrico County Parks & Rec. Dept., she came up the idea for these automotive events and they are actually very educational. She has had about a dozen or so of these events over the past couple of years and they have all been well attended. This was the first one aimed at just muscle cars. In the past she has had events that focused on Corvettes, Mustangs, Model A's & T's, custom cars etc. She developed a partnership between our car club (Richmond Region AACA) and Henrico County whereby we provide cars for their events and in return the county provides the club with free monthly meeting space, large tents, table chairs etc. at our yearly car show. It has been a good deal for both parties