Here's a good idea:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
By the looks of his shop ,he needs those!!! Lol. Dealerships have those containers with special tool kits in them and labeled. The ford dealership I worked in had tool room with shelving for each kit along all the three wall's from floor to ceiling .

bobs409

Administrator
By the looks of his shop ,he needs those!!! Lol. Dealerships have those containers with special tool kits in them and labeled. The ford dealership I worked in had tool room with shelving for each kit along all the three wall's from floor to ceiling .
Sometimes they are useful to keep the original tools in but many times, they get tossed. Take for example my portable band saw. As soon as I installed the blade guard, it no longer fit in the case!! What good is that?

I'd prefer if tool makers kept the costs down and stopped shipping these cases. Sell them separately. Another is those carry bags that a lot of tools have. They get tossed too. :D

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I always keep in original boxes. I just sold a harbor freight bore scope used a couple of times and a Weller soldering gun that I bought a few years ago and decided I didn't need any more. Actually sold for more than I paid years ago at today's prices. Scope I might go with a phone type scope much more improved and solder gun I have another pencil type. A selling point is that I have case and instructions. Of course I don't sell all my tools ,just didn't need those .

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Oh ,I have one of those vibrating cutter guns he used in video ( in the case of course) it is a life saver in woodworking . Cutting where impossible with any other tool. Daughter even borrowed it once.

Attachments

• 41OgXyaJCWL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    41OgXyaJCWL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 8

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Multi-tools are awesome. When you get one you wonder why you haven’t one before! Buy blades on eBay or Amazon; much cheaper than big box with usually decent quality.
Yes I have bought blades other places ,cheaper and work as well. Since I sold my harbor freight camera I just ordered this inspection camera with dual Lens . It has 16 feet cable and can show side and front views ,harbor freight only had about 3 foot cable and a single front view much more limited. I have valve out in pickup motor ,I can look at it first before removing heads. Also want to look in my 63 SS gas tank to see condition of inside ,and gas condition. The probe is waterproof also. This will be very handy . I can check for cavity's too. Lol. Only 82.00. shipped.

Attachments

• endoscope-ds300.jpg
    endoscope-ds300.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5