Hershey

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Tommy.....while you are there......could you please pick me up about 6 Herseys......without NUTS please????

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Since the Hershey show field is about 1,300 cars in various classes they have us divided into two lanes entering the photo/press/class areas. What Tommy didn't show you was who was in the L lane! Yes, both cars were very well received and I was honored to speak with the gentleman who owned the 61 blue SS when it was discovered down in Charlotte NC sort of buried in a big trailer of NOS 61 parts.
I have attached a photo that is a bit better that was taken when on the show field. I don't know who the lady is "inspecting" the car. Heck, I don't know the anonymous photographer either as it was on a website somewhere.
Charlotte is the last show of the season this weekend and you will also get to see an unbelievable 1962 Mandalay RedPontiac GP as well as the below Firemist 61 Pontiac if anyone can make it down to the pit road area at the speedway. The 61 SS will be resting for a special event I hope to participate in so will be bringing the red 62 SS 409 car.
Robert
Ventura at Hershey.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Pat,
You should come to Hershey next year. There was a 61ss 409 at the auction this year that was the real deal. I tried to buy it but got outbid. It was for sure a Super Sport but I wasn't sure if it had the 623 block so I didn't want to go too high

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I've been to Hershey many times. I think it's only 60 miles from me. :)

Bob
Then you could be the person pulling the red wagon at the vendors fields piled high with unrecognizable treasures?
This year my collection came out in a paper bag as was detailing type stuff. My electronics man(Frank) was there with a new design battery tester that works on lead acid and gel batteries. So I came out of there with one. Good "Hershey" price
https://www.batterysaver.com/store/p19/4343

Robert