Hey Daddy-o......love old Chevys.

John Garrido

Supporting Member 2
More photos are coming soon. I have a broken stud at a rocker arm... the fix seems to be replacing it with a new threaded stud drilled and tapped...... any advice from y’all?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You keep asking things like that and the answer will be yes. However why stop with the heads? Stroke it with a forged crank, pistons and rods. Make sure the compression ration is there to support the new cam you are going to use for those new heads. Do you have enough carburetion? I think you get the picture. :taunt

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would ask why the stud broke? Fatigue? Piston to valve contact? Coil bind? Stuck valve? Etc. There are lots of guys here with more knowledge than me that will be along shortly that will bend your ear about it. Maybe it is just an old stud that fatigued and that is it. Just hate to take one step forward and 2 steps back is all.

Junky

Well Known Member
I’m tempted to spend some money and go with new aluminum heads.
What do you think?

I think that you are going to have to pick a number between 10,000 - 100,000 and let Phil know what the number is. He will put together a road map that will show you how that number (think $$$$) is going to be spent. :winner