Hey guys

Cameo Carrier

I was doing a search for some pictures of 348-409's and came across this site. So far I like it. I have a 1958 Cameo that I'm really thinking hard about putting a 348 in. I am keeping the truck forever so I am building it for me. I know it's not origional but it would be one of the only ones if not THE only one. Also I can always go back to a 283 later. About the only engine that I can think of that looks as good or better than a 348-409 is a full dress flattie and I'm not putting that in there, ha ha ha. I hope to learn a lot and I thank you guys for letting me on here.

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Cameo Carrier,

Go for it. I am building (slowly, very slowly) a '55 2nd series small window stepside with a 348 stroker. This a great site with a wealth of information.

Welcome to the party.

Cameo Carrier

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I don't have an engine yet but a dream is how most of us get to where we're going though huh? Thanks again guys.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I don't have an engine yet but a dream is how most of us get to where we're going though huh? Thanks again guys.

Welcome,
I have a few 348's in excess of my needs. I'm just up the road from you.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
CC: Welcome, Your a new member Cecil's hooking you up. Man your on your way:brow. good luck and keep us posted:beerbang.

Cameo Carrier

Well, there's not too much to tell. I have had my truck for what seems to be a lifetime as I have had it since high school(I know I'm only 30). I used to drag race it on the street before I knew better, lol. I did beat a lot of hondas with it though:cool: When I did have the money I had no idea what direction to go and the money went for other things. Now that I have the time and the right vision for it I have no money, lol. Isn't that how it always is though? It has always got me to where I was going and most of the time runs like a top. It's hard to take your daily driver down to where I want to most of the time to do things. I would love to strip it down and do a frame off but like I said, I can't yet. Thank you to all for the welcome and the interest.