Hey Phil, they're draining the swamp

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was out towing a guy's sailboat the other day and went by Oak Island, they were working hard draining the swamp. I haven't been following the treasure hunt much lately, I'm sure this will be on the show sometime next season. They sure are spending a lot of bucks.
IMG_0277.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
That's just a practice run for draining the real swamp in D.C. Problem is, that foul rancid contaminated sewage has to go somewhere. Might cause a water contamination issue all up and down the east coast. Interestingly enough, if the democrats were in charge around Oak Island, you can bet that if they find anything up there, they would be there with their filthy outstretched hand demanding a cut of it, sort of like something for nothing they don't deserve or didn't work for. Kind of like their constituency.

Last edited:

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Seems the term Money Pit comes up occasionally on this show. There's either a pit with money in it someplace, or there's a pit they're trying to fill with money. Wonder if they ever tried to race NHRA Stock or Super Stock? There's a money pit!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I’m guessing they’ve spent $5 plus million, maybe $10 million. The tv revenue must be profitable.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
28279214_10155819795790862_8712684230207105810_n.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good luck on Oak Island. That search has been going on forever. These guys are just the latest people to sink a huge amount of money into the myth. John Wayne, Errol Flynn and many, many, more have played this game. Even if there was something there ( literally impossible based on how it was alledgley buried ) even by 1960's technology it would have been found. The only people making money on this adventure is the advertisers who have invested in the TV programs to get people to watch. You have a better chance of finding aliens in the Bermuda Triangle than finding anything on Oak Island except a myth.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Yeah...I saw that this morning. 9PM my time tonight. The show tonight will be all about last year probably!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You do that when you came down last week??? That is an awesome display!!! The Smithsonian wants it but the owners will not let it leave KC.
Google Arabia Steamboat Museum.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yes, on Sunday. Very interesting. I remember when they were digging it up. Sure didn't seem like 30 years ago.