Hey Russc....

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Jim Daniels 68 Dart won the Hemi shootout for the 4t/h straight year.

Last edited:

RussC

Well Known Member
Well..."coulda..woulda..shoulda". The car was a star...the driver not so much. I hadn't driven the car for a full year. With the rain we only got two qualifiers. We changed the rear gear to a 6.00...3.06 first gear. On Wednesday the car hooked and came up about 4'...that's the wheels up 4' not the hood. Since I was focused on driving and not the shift lite we rattled the limiter which dropped the front end. When I pulled second the front came up again...felt like 4' again. By this time we were across the center line
Thursday things were some better. Went 8.67 at just over 157 mph. Again the driver screwed the pass up with a short shift in the 1-2. The clutch was separated for over a second.
We lost in the first round as the car moved to the wall as the driver hit the limiter in the first two gear changes. 8.66 at 156

We had the high mph for the event...the car was a star. I'm not sure if the team will let me drive anymore
We're going out again in about 3 weeks

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Well..."coulda..woulda..shoulda". The car was a star...the driver not so much. I hadn't driven the car for a full year. With the rain we only got two qualifiers. We changed the rear gear to a 6.00...3.06 first gear. On Wednesday the car hooked and came up about 4'...that's the wheels up 4' not the hood. Since I was focused on driving and not the shift lite we rattled the limiter which dropped the front end. When I pulled second the front came up again...felt like 4' again. By this time we were across the center line
Thursday things were some better. Went 8.67 at just over 157 mph. Again the driver screwed the pass up with a short shift in the 1-2. The clutch was separated for over a second.
We lost in the first round as the car moved to the wall as the driver hit the limiter in the first two gear changes. 8.66 at 156

We had the high mph for the event...the car was a star. I'm not sure if the team will let me drive anymore
We're going out again in about 3 weeks

I see Tony put the wrong engine in your car Russ. You qualified ahead of him!! :laugh4

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Russ, you really got ripped of in National Dragster. Russ had Top Speed of the “EVENT” at 157.19 and it was reported in ND that Gus Mantas on a first round bye run ran 299.93 MPH. Damn IT!!!!!