Hi Everyone from New Zealand

DEAN0

Hi Steve
Im in Napier, funny how the accents change a bit eh bro, lol
I am looking at a 62 Impala sport coupe on Trademe at the moment and the guy assures me its a matching numbers 409 car, hhhhmmm im not sure!
Its def got a 348 0r 409 in it, I have just researched the tags and found out that is is a genuine factory V8 CAR BUILT IN BALTIMORE, Sequence number 211367 Now all I need is to find out if its genuine or did it come out with a poxy 283 like most of them, Dunno where to go from here??
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Dean

DEAN0

Just found out some more>>>> Would I be right in Assuming that 409 only came out in the SS option?

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the asylum Deano :crazy, once you are in there is no easy way of getting out:cryblow, but then again a lot of us don't want out either :happy.
Ignore Phil as apparently he is a real escapee from asylum and still on the most want list :roll:laugh.

Steve & I are almost neighbours here in the shaky isles of Christchurch, yet for some reason, we don't seem to have too many pints together of recent weeks - STEVE time for a beer.

I have had look at the 62 on Trade Me and really regret to have to advise that it is not an orig 409 CAR. You will see on the steering column where original shifter lever was where the black rubber is. 409 SS 62 were all manual 4 speed. No grab bar on the passenger side , no SS badges plus missing a lot of other stuff.
I have a 62 SS (super sport) 409 myself.
Sorry mate.
Feel free to ask any other questions. I get up that way 2 - 3 times a year with work, so would be happy to meet up next time i'm up that way, which at this stage will be before end of June.

Gav

Last edited:

DEAN0

Awesome information thankyou!
Thought it was too cheap to be a real one, probably a 348 too, my wife hates it anyway so it’s not to be I guess.
I’ll keep looking so please keep an ear to the ground for me
Thanks again..... Pic of my last build

Attachments

• 98FEC0E8-D744-480E-A5C6-F6193C86989C.jpeg
    98FEC0E8-D744-480E-A5C6-F6193C86989C.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 25