Hi Everyone from New Zealand

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Deano, welcome from Texas! Great looking Buick, tell us more with photos!

Keep in mind your friends with lots of 409 stuff on that little island near you, I thinks its called Australia.

Was on your beautiful island 2years ago, loved it!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Deano, welcome from Texas! Great looking Buick, tell us more with photos!

Keep in mind your friends with lots of 409 stuff on that little island near you, I thinks its called Australia.

Was on your beautiful island 2years ago, loved it!

Gee Pat,

And you never called in to see us

Mind you Phil hasnt either:poke

New Zealand is made up of 4 islands, from south up, Stewart Island, South Island, North Island and West Island (sometimes referred to as Australia)

Will see you next time you are here or we are there i guess:D

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Awesome information thankyou!
Thought it was too cheap to be a real one, probably a 348 too, my wife hates it anyway so it’s not to be I guess.
I’ll keep looking so please keep an ear to the ground for me
Thanks again..... Pic of my last build

I think you will find that this particular car is a 409, just not an original size engine for that particular car.
Nothing wrong with that
The guy selling it may have been spun a line that it was original when he got it
If the rest of the car was good condition i would not worry about those issues
But if the missus dont like it you have a battle on your hands

Do you know Chris Harris etc up there?

Steve

DEAN0

Thats a few photos of the last build...... THE BEAST OF BURDEN. 300 hp 364. Comp Cams Mutha Thumpa.... Boogity boogity! MSD.
Was an absolute pile of crap when i got it and I rebuilt everything from one end to the other mechanically.
That car was so cool but it destroyed my soul and I ended up hating it, and hating it so much that I will never own another Buick while my ass points South

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I stayed with Chris and Lesley before they moved up the hill when in Napier for work.
Been up at their place with Bundy trying to teach burnouts on their drive in an XR6 turbo when they first came out
Good people

Love the buick but i know what you mean when some cars just ruin the fun of it all

Steve

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Buick Nailheads, are pretty unique engine's.:applWhen I was growing up, my uncle, who lived in Mississippi, always owned Buick's.:clapBeing that, they are scarce, it's probably hard, to find decent parts, for them.:dunno