Hi there from Christchurch, NZ

msdxie

Thank you for the opportunity to join the forum. We are Anneliese and Mark Williamson and own a 61 Bubbletop. Anneliese bought the car when she was 20 out of Kentucky, spent some time rebuilding and the car has been on the road now for 9 years. With the help of a fellow forum member (ThumperNZ), fitted a new interior this year and working on a 348.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Even if I have to stand on my head to find you on the globe New Zealand is one of my all time favorite country's for hot rodding. You guys and gals rock. Welcome to the site.

ron61

Welcome! My problem with building my 348 is i had a turboglide engine block. The back of the crankshaft is different i was going to use a 4speed and needed a pilot bearing. Another good idea have the front of the crank thread to except your balancer. You can use a big block starter from 396, 454, 427. Start bolts to the block. Good luck have fun with your build. It took me five years but turned out great.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Mark, Anneliese,

What part of Christchurch are you guys in?
Im out in Rolleston and Gav (Nomad59NZ) is also out this way
Nice looking car in your avatar i think the family on here would like to see more pics (i know i would)
Welcome to the best site on the net

Steve

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
:welcome2
Hi Anneliese & Mark.Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" Engine. Get in , Fasten your seat belts , Hold on , Keep your arms and legs inside, And ENJOY THE RIDE !!!:D
:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome aboard! I admire the effort you folks make to get these cool cars to the other side of the equator. It does require extra effort (and considerable expense!) :).

Around here this stuff grows on trees (sorta) and sometimes we forget how fortunate we actually are.

Cheers!
TomK

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome aboard! I admire the effort you folks make to get these cool cars to the other side of the equator. It does require extra effort (and considerable expense!) :).

Around here this stuff grows on trees (sorta) and sometimes we forget how fortunate we actually are.

Cheers!
TomK

Says he who has a basement full and not enough space:poke
Got a spare tripower manifold Tom???

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Met up with Anneliese and Mark a few months ago when i was up north on business and was introduced to them by Rod (ThumperNZ) and seemed to be a cool:cool:couple.
They will be double cool :cool::cool: once the 348 is in.:roll.
Was talking with Mark last night and they are really looking forward to getting the car back with it's new heart.

Welcome to the nut farm you two:crazy. You'll be overwhelmed with the knowledge that is on this site.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Even if I have to stand on my head to find you on the globe New Zealand is one of my all time favorite country's for hot rodding. You guys and gals rock. Welcome to the site.
Well come on down Ray and we'll see if you really are good standing on your head. You might find it a be hard getting on to the cars and i don't think the view would be all that good down there.:laugh
Plenty of cars to choice from while you are here to drive.

Gav

msdxie

Welcome! My problem with building my 348 is i had a turboglide engine block. The back of the crankshaft is different i was going to use a 4speed and needed a pilot bearing. Another good idea have the front of the crank thread to except your balancer. You can use a big block starter from 396, 454, 427. Start bolts to the block. Good luck have fun with your build. It took me five years but turned out great.

Thanks for the info!