Hi, there!

kodamar

Well Known Member
:) Glad to find you guys... Just purchased a '63 2-door hardtop 283 with 28,000 original miles- Just sold my 'driver' '63 SS 327 to get it.

Original paperwork, original paint & interior!... I just had to jump on it!

kodamar

Well Known Member
Pix... here ya go!

Attachments

• impala1.jpg
    impala1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • impala2.jpg
    impala2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
  • impala3.jpg
    impala3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 48
  • impala4.jpg
    impala4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 44

kodamar

Well Known Member
Has original beautiful interior and excellent original PAINT! The small spot seen at the lower back of the front fender is not rust... it is a 'brush painted' touch-up spot that has discolored over time. I would like to get someone to do some laquer touch-up work to preserve the original paint...

I'm already expecting to hear body guys tell me reasons why I need to just repaint the whole car with base-clear... I will touch it up myself before I do that.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
kodamar, Welcome to the mad house. Nice car. Lots of info here and a great group.

kodamar

Well Known Member
My last post did not make it... This car has beautiful original interior and original PAINT! The small spot at the lower part of the fender is an old 'brush paint' touch up that was done years ago and has discolored.

I want to preserve the original laquer with just some touch-up work since it is so nice, but I'm already expecting body guys to be giving me reasons why they think I need to repaint the whole car base/clear- which I do NOT want to do.

bobs409

Administrator
Wow, I have the exact same car. (if it has black interior, can't tell)

Mine has 86,000 orig. miles and needs everything from sitting but when it's done, it's going to look like yours! :love:

Let me say that I think your doing the right thing by NOT repainting it! Keep that beautiful machine all original, it's a time capsule! (and I'm jealous) :D