HOLY CRAP!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Took 24 hrs to install the new windows 10, what a POS. If it wasn't bad enough that I lost all my "favorites" list, have to click multiple buttons just to print, couldn't clearly find anything BUT to top it off they did not load my windows word 2010 and wanted me to re purchase word at $20/month, fxuck ass hole thieves. Fortunately I was able to restore my windows 7 nd appear to be back to normal.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We've been using Windows 10 since it came out, slow as can be on the internet and email. My wife hates it. I am probably going to switch back to Windows 8 if they don't come out with an update or something to speed it up soon.

bobs409

Administrator
Mine isn't directing me to anything. Everything works like before, just a different layout. Maybe my settings are different. I opted out of some things on the install.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good info, I have 8 on my PC at the shop and not a real big fan of it but it sounds better than 10. Think I will just keep ignoring the pop up for me to upgrade.

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I switched from 8 to 10 about a month ago when I had to buy a new computer , no problem , I turn it on , type in 348/409.com ,go to forums and I am good to go , some might notice I have been logged on for the last 2 or more weeks , not to worry , saves me time in the long run , sometimes I must not get out right , as long as I get here I AM GOOD!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been using Windows 10 professional for about a year or so. I had no problems in general except that the person who designed it should be fired. As for Windows products like word, excel, you can use the older stuff like I am using ( Home Office Student 07 ) and it will work fine. Where the issues arise is that there are security issues that are no longer supported or patched by Microsoft for these older programs. I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to much of anything. To me it is just a scam. What I am going to do, is purchase Office 2013 on the internet and install it. It is still supported and patched by Microsoft, and you can get very cheap and don't have to pay a subscription. If I was running a business, I might just upgrade, however I am using Office Products these days very limited at home.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am at the point where I need to do something. My desktop is Windows 7 Pro and I am running Microsoft Office 10 (Word/Excel/Outlook/etc) as well as Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft announced that they are stopping all support and security updates for Windows 7 soon and I am getting a lot of S??t from various websites about needing to change my browser to something other than Internet Explorer.
I am not a fan of Chrome due to the tracking policies of Google. It looks like Microsoft has now teamed with Google to use their algorithm with Microsoft's new Edge browser, so I am confused/searching for a new browser to use. Firefox may be a solution, but I am still evaluating it
I also am not a fan of saving things on the cloud or paying a subscription service for software, so updating to the new Microsoft Office product looks to be a problem for me.
I was interested in MBVSUR?'s comments. Can I run an older version of Office with Windows 10?
Am I required to save my files on the cloud when using Windows 10 or is that only a suggestion? (BTW-I don't want to save anything on the cloud)
Or - should I look at a totally new system like maybe a Mac?
John

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes you can run older programs on Windows 10, and not have to save them to the cloud etc. You may have to install as administrator, but most likely not on a home computer depending how it was set up. If you are using it just for home, go with the Student editions. They have the basics which is more than most home users will ever use ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote ) and they are cheaper. I would suggest office 2013 home and student. If you search on Ebay you can get one for about 50 bucks.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
my brother and his two sons installed windows 10 on my current computer (changed from windows 10 )
Zero extra cost. One of my brothers sons is a security expert at a big hospital.
He and his brother knew how to do the change at zero cost.

My older computer appears to be slower with windows 10.
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
mistake on what I wrote changed from windows 7 (bought in 2009 with new HP tower) -now changed to windows 10 for free, as noted above.

Paul