Home Wrecker New Best

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Still iron heads, Edelbrock intake, and 50 year old afb carbs. And still 3850 pounds! 10.13! I am still stunned it went that fast! Backed it up with a 10.14. I think that’s it though. Air was good and I moved timing around and jetting and couldn’t get any more. Maybe there is a few hundredths but that’s it. I can finally say it’s maxed out.View attachment 86696
Dan, what transmission are you running?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Still iron heads, Edelbrock intake, and 50 year old afb carbs. And still 3850 pounds! 10.13! I am still stunned it went that fast! Backed it up with a 10.14. I think that’s it though. Air was good and I moved timing around and jetting and couldn’t get any more. Maybe there is a few hundredths but that’s it. I can finally say it’s maxed out.View attachment 86696
Dan, you need to edit your signature with your new low ET!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks I am always curious to know what type of punishment different components will take, thats a pretty good testimonial for the G101A as that is a fairly heavy car!!
Its the toughest four speed out there short of a Liberty. Launching at 5600 and have maybe 200 passes on it without issue. I did upgrade to a 18 spline input as the 26 spline was starting to deform.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thought that is what someone else did and you just couldn't let go of it. :dunno2 :D
How about you take that beloved bench seat out, take it apart and put it on a diet, or have you already :brow
I know an upholstery guy that would love to remove all of the guts of the seat and put air bags in their place so the bench looks factory. Would only save you a few pounds though. Better yet! Get your hole saw out!lightweight.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Awesome Dan!!
FYI, 1/8th 6.429 x 1.57 = 10.09, 1000' 8.436 x 1.2 = 10.12. If you can get that 60' down into the 1.3's it should go 10.00's in the same air:beerLess weight = free HP:clap
Well just come out and tell Dan he needs to loose weight. LOL! My math says my 1/4 mile times should be in the high 14's with my set up but there is a difference between what math says and reality sometimes. Dan has done everything but tell the tire manufactures to create a special compound for his tires. :brow