Hopping Up A First Generation 265

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Cecil. I don't have the magazine but I did read the article. I think the H.A.M.B. posted it in one of their forums. Interesting, Carmine.

Just went to that site and apparently they are out of it. Going to notify me when available. Will buy one then.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Nick....I was a monthly dealer for Chevy Rumble back in the day. I have a box of 20 NOS issues!!!!!!! In fact, I have a lot of NOS issues from Chevy Rumble, starting with Issue No. 1, autographed by Doug Marion!!!
If you want to call me to memorialize this transaction, that would be fine!!! If not.....just send me a large check and I'll mail you this magazine!!!!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Back in 66 I had a 56 Chevy with the 265. I found a very easy way to "hop it up" Go buy a 327:winner
Nah. Not me Mike. The 327 is my favorite small block Chevy engine. Actually, I have a complete 327 on an engine stand in the garage. I was at one time and still might some day, turn it into a 383 stroker. Better get a car first for the 265. So, what did you do to the 265 to get a little more out of it??During my teens, 265's were all over the place. You would also find alot of 283's. If you were lucky enough to have a 327, you were king shit. My mother had a '62 Impala with the 327/250 and that thing could motor, Carmine.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Nick....I was a monthly dealer for Chevy Rumble back in the day. I have a box of 20 NOS issues!!!!!!! In fact, I have a lot of NOS issues from Chevy Rumble, starting with Issue No. 1, autographed by Doug Marion!!!
If you want to call me to memorialize this transaction, that would be fine!!! If not.....just send me a large check and I'll mail you this magazine!!!!

How LARGE an amount due you want on that LARGE check? I would like a copy of that issue myself. :brow