Farm Truck W (how about activity and pics)

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I won't bore you with the details (yet) but I ended up with a '64 C-10. A bailed-out project. No pics yet.

So there are only a few rules so far:

1. It will get a W, maybe with 6 2 barrels
2. It will have 3 pedals unless I trade off something
3. I don't want to move the engine forward
4. It might have p/s or not
5. It might never get painted, it's a relic or a farm truck (I don't have a farm).
6. I really need to use up some stuff I have around.
7. It's lowered enough for what I want, probably leave the suspension as-is.
8. I don't care if anyone else likes it.

So any pics, particularly engine compartment, but anything similar would be appreciated.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dave you could take the easy way out and just buy a farm!!! Just messing with ya. A while back a member posted some pics of a truck of that vintage that he put a 409 that looked like it was out of a C60/80 nicely painted grey with the valve cover stickers saying High Torque 409 the install made it look original. :appl:appl:appl

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I saw that! Buying a farm would not be the easy way out for me, but I haven't figured out yet where I will keep this truck. This could turn into a very long story one of these days.

I wish we could still get together in the summer and laugh about the dumb-ass things we do!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am more than willing to do BFH or even a nice job, but the covers will need to come off easily.
And you will just have to wait on pics. I want to see other people's pics at this stage. Good ideas are always welcome. It's too damn hot to get all excited. Plus my shop is over-full already.
I know it will bolt up to the SBC mounts, but that isn't the plan. I have been down this road with a '62 and a BBC a long time ago so it shouldn't be too tough. I just wish the guy hadn't blown it into a million pieces for no good reason.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Being as i don't have any pictures yet of my Farm Truck, although I have made a lot of progress, I will throw out a pic of my old 37 Chev that I traded to a friend. I kinda lost interest and he finished it the way he wanted it!

008.JPG

59apachegail

Well Known Member
I saw a nice 64 with a 60-61 grille and quad headlights and very tasteful hood scoop. I will find it and post it.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Still bound up on headers. Here's what I know:

Stock 348 type manifolds fit. Too puny to use, I think.
Sanderson block huggers don't fit (too "fat" at frame rail)
Dougs flat block huggers don't fit (don't really "hug" block)

I really don't want to build a set of headers.

I don't know if the late 923/924 manifolds might fit or not???
I assume the earlier 682/683 will fit??

If I could find something that only required a tube here and there, that would be good.

I am open to any and all suggestions, offers to sell stuff, etc.

Thanks

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Longshot, but, I think full length 1-7/8 or 2” x-frame chassis headers *might* work, at least til they start to merge...wish you were a bit closer I have a loose set you could borrow.