How about these control arms?

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think they offer an excellent amount of adjustment.
However, I'm all old school, and would prefer to try shimming 1st.
You could try to cover them up with a larger dust cover! Ha, ha .

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't like how they make the attachment to the bushing with that "clamp". Fine for a race car but, I wouldn't feel safe with them on a heavy street car that might hit a pot hole.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Is there an off set control arm shaft that's available for use with the original control arm to compensate for those alignment issues?
Ken.........................

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Offset shafts will give a degree or two of castor but he says he's having camber problems. I have never heard of camber problems, just needs more or less shims in the forward bolt, unless he's out of bolt.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My front is jacked up a little and there are no more shims to remove. I need to be able to adjust the arms out to get to 0 or 90 from the ground. The joints are available in street or strip versions if you go to their site. My other thought was to cut the frame mount for the uppers and move them outboard about .25". None of the arms you guys listed allow for camber adjustment outside of shims. Just a thought. Still have a set of headers to build before I get to it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
My front is jacked up a little and there are no more shims to remove. I need to be able to adjust the arms out to get to 0 or 90 from the ground. The joints are available in street or strip versions if you go to their site. My other thought was to cut the frame mount for the uppers and move them outboard about .25". None of the arms you guys listed allow for camber adjustment outside of shims. Just a thought. Still have a set of headers to build before I get to it.
You say jacked up????? You mean raised up in front ,or front is messed up???? Sound's like you have more problem's than arm replacement. Any of these arm's shown should take care of camber and caster if your frame is ok, unless you have it too high???? I have the 89.00 pair that 1958 delivery showed on e bay and i have no problem getting camber and caster set. I did pay a little more than 89.00 can't remember exactly have to dig out receipt ,but thinking it was some where around 150.00 for pair shipped.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I raised my front 2" and took out all the shims and still am leaning in a little. I don't see how you can get caster better for radial tires with a stock dimension arm. There is very little caster in the stock design of the front. If I re-weld the stock mount, I will also move it back a little. Just a thought.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Leaning in or out is camber, your wheels should lean(at top) in slightly at ride height. However if you're absolutely out of adjustment to get proper camber them the adjustable A arms may be your only reasonable way

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm thinking of getting a set of these for the 62 and straighten out my camber issues and maybe get more caster. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPC-Alignme...ash=item2f0898d2ae:g:RCQAAOSwIWZZg0Ue&vxp=mtr
The only possible issue with these arms I could see is that any adjustments made change the length of the control arm/ position of the ball joint in relation to the control arm pivot point. I wonder how that would effect the handling characteristics?