How about these control arms?

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The import ones have extra caster built in, it would be easy to get 5* if you wanted to.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Only a couple extra, no where near 5. By the time you get the camber right there is no more adjustment for caster in the factory set up that is also used by the aftermarket solid tube arms. This set up is like the circle track arms in use today. Still just thinking about it. Not as easy to decide these days.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I could have gotten 5 at 0 camber, but I stopped at 3.5 because I use the p/s box with no p/s and it steers hard enough. Drives fine like this and goes straight. I also put Howe tall ball joints in to help with the front end geometry and gain a little travel.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Only a couple extra, no where near 5. By the time you get the camber right there is no more adjustment for caster in the factory set up that is also used by the aftermarket solid tube arms. This set up is like the circle track arms in use today. Still just thinking about it. Not as easy to decide these days.
Are you running stock gear box, power steering or non power . If manual gear box stock it only call's for 1/2{ if i remember right} negative caster ,so why are you trying to boost caster to positive. If you are stock non power then the off set shaft and bushing kit will get more positive camber and more positive caster is not needed. This just depend's what you have modified as far as gear box and other component's.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The stock boxes are the same except for the ratio, so I use the power box to get the quicker ratio with the manual center link. I like the additional stability provided by more caster with radial tires. So I pretty much have exactly the alignment specs I want, extra caster and basically no camber at ride height. The old specs IMO were just to make the car easier to steer for Granny on skinny bias tires.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I bent a set of those up in a few hundred miles, and a few 1/4 mile passes. Junk in my opinion. Only plus was the adjustability. When I called the company to see if they would do anything about it, they said they would sell me another set. No thanks. I have Global West now. No issues. I had 5 or 7 caster and went down the road and track great. A bit hard to steer, but what the hell.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've got the other ones, which I think are Chinese knock-off of Global West. As Mike pointed out, they are widely available and pretty cheap, and have held fine up so far. I didn't use the ball joints that came with them, however.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You guys running into curbs? How do you bend the upper arms? Too high on the wheelies? Bending them vertically?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I couldn't tell you how it happened. I only get the front end up 6-8 inches, and never hit a curb. I went on a 500 mile trip with it. Roads around here are rough, but not that rough. Global west arms are heavy, but don't bend.