How cold is it ?

bobs409

Administrator
Our roads had just cleared up! Rain washed away all the salt and roads were dry for 2 days. I was able to give my outdoor Chevy's each a run or two anyway. Now more slop so it's back to driving the Jeep again. (not complaining too much, it's great to have something like this) :impatient

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm not even going to say how cold it is here because, as the old saying goes " first liar don't stand a chance". I will say that this appears to be the second weekend in a row that I'm going to miss a swap meet because of ice. Last weekend Deb refused to go to Belleville Il. and this weekend shes already trying to back out on Cape Girardeau because they have ice forecast for all of southern Mo.
How in the hell am I supposed to buy more stuff to put away and forget I have?

bobs409

Administrator
I'm not even going to say how cold it is here because, as the old saying goes " first liar don't stand a chance". I will say that this appears to be the second weekend in a row that I'm going to miss a swap meet because of ice. Last weekend Deb refused to go to Belleville Il. and this weekend shes already trying to back out on Cape Girardeau because they have ice forecast for all of southern Mo.

Shop ebay! :ebay

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a hell of an idea. You buy stuff and we will put it away at my place so you can forget you have it! Just sayin..

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
After several days of low 30's here (San Antonio) with sleet, hail & rain, it got to 56 today. They are now forecasting 85 for Sunday!!! It's no wonder everyone is sick.
You guys back East should see it about 2 days after us.
John

Junky

Well Known Member

Send me whatever you had planned on spending, and I will send you an appropriate amount of my excess parts for you to store away until the day that you die, and others will then throw away for you. It is difficult being a pack rat, when you know what is going to happen in the end. I feel your pain when you have to miss a swap meet.

Junky

Well Known Member
After several days of low 30's here (San Antonio) with sleet, hail & rain, it got to 56 today. They are now forecasting 85 for Sunday!!! It's no wonder everyone is sick.
John

Today, it started snowing around 2 PM, and we have accumulated about 4" on the ground. Then the freezing rain started about 6 PM, and it is still raining now at 11 PM. I know that clean up tomorrow is going to be a pain. That 85° weather that you have said will be coming East, can't get here fast enough for me. I am tired of pushing or blowing snow off the driveway, because it seems that it never ends. February and March are the 2 worse months of weather that we get here in the Northeast!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
John

Thanks for the offer of your warm weather John, but according to the forecast that warm blast will miss Iowa....:thumbdown:thumbdown

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
22° here and 4-5" of pretty, fresh stuff. 2-3 more coming in today. Supposed to be 15-20 mph winds. Last week's storm had the state highway in and out of town closed for a day and a half. The State had to bring the big blowers in to open them. Now with all the ditches and fields full they'll drift closed faster. Good day to pack more stuff. Moving Sucks.

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
22° here and 4-5" of pretty, fresh stuff. 2-3 more coming in today. Supposed to be 15-20 mph winds. Last week's storm had the state highway in and out of town closed for a day and a half. The State had to bring the big blowers in to open them. Now with all the ditches and fields full they'll drift closed faster. Good day to pack more stuff. Moving Sucks.

Where are you moving to? Hope that it is going to be a warmer climate..