HOW DO I GET MY CAR FLEX OFF THE LINE? (without hydrolics)

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What is involved and who can I talk to about the technical aspect of such a set up?

I'm guess a 90/10 shock to allow the driver side to raise up, heim joints in the rear control arms to allow to flex, tires skinny enough to fit in the wheel wells for a rolling body, all the weight you can get to the passenger rear corner....? Besides a deep gear, tons of power and traction what else is there outside of light car to get the body to roll like this on launch? Is there custom taller springs with lighter load rating used? I'll never be fast but it would still be fun to put on a show. :tongue2

Attachments

• _MG_7007.JPG
    _MG_7007.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 24

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you're trying to be competitive, that cost him e.t. If you want to look bad azz-go for it. Or just install the 3 wheel hydraulics:doh

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy, your going to break it doing that trying to look cool as fast as going down the track straight IMO.
I know, I don't have enough motor in this wagon anyway. 350hp, Powerglide, a little stall and 370 posi isn't going to make much of a splash against you boys. I'll be praying for 13's with the wind at my back. Besides, from my days building jeeps with flexible suspensions, I know how to make it flex safely and secure. Its just not worth the effort because this wagon has to be family friendly in the end with two boys in diapers. ;)