How to PM someone

bobs409

Administrator
I have mine set to send me an e-mail whenever I get a PM. You can set this by clicking the "usercp" button near top of forum, then click "edit options" and look near the bottom. You can choose to be notified by e-mail or even to have a pop up when you enter the forum.

There might be some other info in the FAQ section on this too.

Bob

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
edit options

Russ,as Bob said you need to click on ( User CP ) then click on ( Edit Options ).You see this info and you need to click on the square boxs.

Messaging & Notification
Receive EmailFrom time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
Receive Email from Other Members
Default Thread Subscription ModeWhen you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Private MessagingThis forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Thread Display Options
Visible Post ElementsYou have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures

Russ348

Well Known Member
JimKwiatkowski said:
Russ,I just sent you a PM,did you receive any notification on your fourm screen of the message?

Yes I got your message. Do not know what you mean by Form Screen.:dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Russ348 said:
Yes I got your message. Do not know what you mean by Form Screen.:dunno

It should be forum.

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Did you receive a pop-up from the PM I sent you?Try sending a PM to the member your trying to get.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Russ,, seems like you got it all figured out !!!

I got your,,, you got mine,,, and then replyed to mine !!:D

Good job,, looking forwad to seeing and meeting you !!dq