Sad News :( Hubert Platt

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
From Hubert's son on his Facebook page today.

Hubert.jpg

"This is Allen, Hubert's son, I run this FB page and our website for dad. 8 1/2 weeks ago dad was diagnosed with Gallbladder & Liver Cancer. He passed away this morning at 6:30am. He told me to tell everyone he was one of the happiest people to ever live and he had a great life. I loved my dad very much, he meant the world to me, we had great times together my whole life traveling and going to Drag races & Car shows all over the United States. Anybody that really knows him knows how much fun he was to be around, he will be missed big time and my life will never be the same without my dad. Please come to pay your respects, everyone is welcome. The viewing will be from 11am until the Funeral service at 1pm, Monday, 9-28-15 at
Ingram Funeral Home
210 Ingram ave.
Cumming, Ga.
30040"

Hubert is to be inducted into the East Coast Drag Times-Hall of Fame in October of this year.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Prayers going out to the Platt family. I know my Daddy has some memories of The Georgia Shaker. I will share this with him tomorrow.

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
Hubert was always a fun guy to talk to. Always had a great story to tell and usually had some good liquor close by. He was the life of the party. I was working an NMCA race with Lamar and Rob Walden at Atlanta Dragway in 1994 and this long, white limousine pulls up with the word "PLATT" on the license plate. Who pops out but Hubert and Linda Vaughn! He was a hell of a guy! R-I-P, Hu-baby!

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........remember the announcer at Indy in the 60's when they'd stoke the crowd GM vs Ford and he say
......"ON THE TOWER SIDE.....HU-BABY - HUBERT PLATT".....:burnout.....and the crowd would
go wild.....:bow.....wow those were the days........:clap
R.I.P. Hu-Baby..........thanx for the memories..........:cool:

JOMO409

Supporting Member 1
I remember Hubert coming to Maryville Drag Strip in Tenn. He was driving for The Double " T " racing team. That was Terminal Transport out of Atlanta. He always so neat in his white coveralls, the first professional driver I remember seeing. R.I.P. Hubert