Hurst Timing Light

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
Alright i was at a swap meet on Sunday and found this gem for 3 bucks it dosent work but i needed change anyway. Does anybody know anything about these, I cant find any info on them not even from the Hurst website.
Thanks
Willy:beerbang

Attachments

• bel air 001.jpg
    bel air 001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 116
  • bel air 002.jpg
    bel air 002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 110

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I don't remember the last time I saw one of those. I think they were made so long ago they were pre-inductive.:dunno
robert

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
Ya thats why I bought it I love finding old stuff like that even if it doesen't work. If it 's not inductive where would u hook the lead up to?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
on those ancient ones you had to pull the plug wire and insert the "spring" in the cap or plug boot. It had one end smaller than the other and the light had a led that had a clip made on it that snapped on the spring. They could be "shocking:roll
robert
I'll look for one of my old leads.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some of them came with a wire similar to the plug wire that you put between the plug and the wire and then there was an exposed metal peice half way down the wire that you clamped the aligator clip from the light onto. Ken

bigblockwilly

Well Known Member
Thanks for the info guys tried it with a pice of metal inbetween the plug and plug wire and it works like a charm.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Be careful . Some of the new coils have more juice then those old timers can handle. :eek: