I.D. 348

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We had a 4310 and a 110 in our rental fleet that got beat on hardcore!!!!! Good machines but watch the motor mount side plate bolts and if you use a mower deck on it keep the radiator clean!!! We learned the hard way.

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Oil pan GASKET finally arrived so I pulled the pan off. Was pleasantly surprised that the bottom of the pan was relatively clear, free of sludge . Gonna button her up, fill with new oil, new filter, new plugs, fresh gas, remove the small block motor off the test stand then mount the 348 and start her up. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 84217

IMG_3368.jpgIMG_3369.jpg

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I'am guessing it turned out great he had things under control :gamer

And even if it didn’t ......he’s got a boatload of cash to take with him, instead of her spending it all ......and putting them in debt........Been there done that except I was too stupid to save the cash for myself

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
While removing the exhaust manifolds one bolt broke flushed with the block. Decided to prep and paint the block first then tackle the broken bolt.

First thing was to center punch the bolt

IMG_0760.JPG

Then run a drill thru the center. Started with a smaller diameter drill then use the next larger size drill.

IMG_0763.JPG

Final step was to run a 3/8" NC tap. I used plenty of oil on the tap.

IMG_0764.JPG

It's a slow and tedious job so I just took my time.