I Hate Ups!

bobs409

Administrator
I need to vent! I am officially DONE using UPS to ship anything.

It seems like everytime I ship something and use their online payment, they end up sending me a bill in the mail for some additional charge! :mad:

I carefully put in the exact length, width and height as well as the weight. I check off residential when it's a house and not a business. I do ALL humanly possible and still, it's never good enough.

Today's bill just takes the cake! I got a bill for $6.00 for an "address correction charge". Ever hear of that one before? I didn't.

The person I shipped to had an address similar to this made up example:

Joe Smith
1377 Cypress
Cypress, Tx. 77409

I used the name/addres that was on the persons Paypal account. What else could/should I do?

The bill I recieved today is for the following correction:

Joe Smith
1377 Cypress Dr
Cypress, Tx. 77409

Did you see the correction between the two? Is that worth $6.00? That's 6 bucks they'll never see. :evil

I'm tired of getting ripped off by UPS. They have their residential surcharges, additional handling surcharges, fuel surchages, dimensional surcharges and what other surcharges. It's ridiculous! There have been other situations in the past as well which is why I cancelled my account with them a while back. I'm tired of getting these surprise envelopes asking for more money.

As for just walking in and paying at one of the customer counters? No thanks! Did you know you pay ALOT more that way? I learned that and that's why I started an online account but no more.

What can brown do for me? Not a damn thing! :cuss

Don't get me wrong, the post office ticks me off as well with their constant price increases but I have NEVER had them send me a bill for any additional charges in the 5 years I've been selling on ebay. I use them 98% of the time too.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now. :p

Bob

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Now calm down Boss, It's gonna be okay. :roll Seriously, I've switched to U.S.P.S. only. Sometimes it takes a couple of extra days, but overall, I think it is better. Pass on Big Brown and use the Red, White and Blue.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I too have issue with them hence I am on will call only to pick things up. Why? Well when your home all day, I work from home, and they say they "tried" to deliver but no one was home I kinda got a little warm and fuzzy with them :cuss

I ship only USPS using their 24/7 shipping terminal if possible. I then scan and e-mail the customer the tracking info and I am done.

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
I had the same thing happen to me twice now. I shipped a transmission to New York, paid extra money to get the quote guaranteed, and 2 months later they billed me again. After a phone call, they corrected it.

Second time was whwn I had the engine shipped to me from Virginia. Again, we had the quote locked in, 2 months later they send me a bill for the same amount. It has been a little over a year now and they are still sending me bills for it. It wouldn't be so bad if it was under $10.00, but this is for over $600.00. I call them every time I get a bill and they say they will take care of it. Just got another bill yesterday.

Just plain airheads. :bang

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Wow!! Bob: How do you really feel??

I've been using FedEx ground for several years and have been very happy. No up charges and if you call them, they will give you a commerical account w/ about 15% Discount, just for asking. I haven't compared prices for a while, but the last time I checked, FedEx was about 20% cheaper than big brown.

I skip the pick up fees by dropping packages off at a FedEx retailer. I just dump them and leave.

Lost claims are faster too. A package stolen in NY and they paid off the ins in 7 days. I've waited 60 days with a claim from UPS and over 90 days from USPS.

Rule of thumb. Anything under 2 pounds is cheaper USPS> 3 pounds and over, cheaper by FedEx.
Mick:)

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Last stuff I got the box was wrecked and damaged, the place I bought it from replace the parts and shipped FED-EX all was good.
The reason you get charged extra from ups is that someone has to pay that extra money now that the union pulled out of central states pension fund, cost ups over 6.5 BILLON to get out of it.

bobs409

Administrator
I only used UPS for larger items so I won't miss them too much. Greyhound express is what I'll use now. Not as convenient for the buyer as they will have to pick up the package at a bus station but I'll have the satisfaction of ditching UPS.

Fedex & DHL really isn't an option for me. There are none nearby to drop off at. :dunno

When I buy something, I'm going to request they ship with something other than UPS too. hee hee :evil

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Greyhound express is what I'll use now. Not as convenient for the buyer as they will have to pick up the package at a bus station but I'll have the satisfaction of ditching UPS.

Bob............take a Valium and reconsider!!! The Bus station in KC is in the inner city and about a 1 hour trip. If you told me I had to pick up my package from you there......probably not. You will be hurting only yourself in sales if you go this route. If I have a choice of receiving something on my door step or a 1 hour drive downtown...........no brainer!!!

UPS can not keep up with the new fuel prices is why they have the fuel surcharge. I get upset about the address corrections too. I've gotten refunds on some if you just call.

It will all be better next Monday!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks Phil. A Xanax helped! :roll

It's not often I have to ship large packages so we'll see. But I still HATE UPS! :evil

Well, I'm off to work. I mean, the junkyard. Wish me luck. :)

Bob

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I Hate UPS

Bob,
Next time take the time to do a MAP SEARCH on your computer, for the address your shipping to. The map search will show the complete address, Ave, Rd or what not. I just typed in my address without the Ave and it came back with it showing the Ave. That's the case when you use MSN live search for mine.

Something to check into for your problem.

Dave

bobs409

Administrator
Not sure what it actually is but I do check off the validate address box on UPS website when I fill out the shippment. Sounds like that should take care of this but I guess it works as good as UPS.

Oh yeh, I hate UPS's website just as much. :D Did I mention how much I hate UPS?

Bob

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
upswins.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
I like it! :D Guess there will be a "wrecked UPS truck" service charge added now. :rolleyes:

Isn't that taking the whole delivery service competition a bit too far though? :roll

Bob

BULLET WITH A BENCH SEAT

Supporting Member 1
A few years ago they bent an NOS set of 62 Biscayne rocker molding in half during shipment. Thye straightened the tube and taped the woodpiece that broke ( it was on there to make sure they did not bend, HA-HA) and delivered them to me. When I said no way take them back, I was assured they would be replaced. I ust laughed, I said if you can find another set of these, I will eat my words. Needless to say took a year and a half of argueing before I saw my 200 bucks from insurance. USPS all the way.

Just my 2 cents,
Donnie

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Reading all this reminds me of the old question.

What do you get when you cross Fed Ex with UPS?

FED UP! Couldn't resist...:D

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cant resist this

Next time I go out to Salt Lake City I'm gonna take pictures of all the Fed Ex wrecked trailers parked at nearly every exit along the way. I thought they were using them as billboards for advertising at every exit. I would think that would a lot more inconvenient for picking up your packages.:roll:roll
Ray