I have seen these rims before at Tri-State last year on one of the cars..

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Trying to determine what these rims are and how old they are? I have a friend that has them. If they are vintage I might buy them. 20200307_195734.jpg

427John

Well Known Member
Check the back side there may be a manufacturer name and part number cast into them if it is Motor Wheel Co. they're definitely vintage,they made a wheel very similar to those.There may not be a name just a logo,the motor wheel logo will look like an M superimposed over a W inside what looks like a circle but is actually a C.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
In 03 I came close to buying a new set just like the one pictured but decided on a different set so I dont think they are that old :dunno2

427John

Well Known Member
Ralph has Radar wheels on his 63.....View attachment 79312 by Mickey ThompsonView attachment 79313
Back in the day they were called radir's or raider's by M/T I can't remember,but now they are reproduced by Rocket wheels,Hurst also marketed a similar looking wheel but the spoke portion was gold colored,the hurst wheels were an aluminum spider riveted to a chrome steel rim,the M/T's may have been too that was pretty common back then,I do know they are some cool looking wheels.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was hoping the ones I found were old school. I have several Ansen's laying around but not a huge fan. If I'm going to run something for front runners then I might as well buy something new I really like. Not sure which one I'll pick yet.
SSR star.jpg
555-69103.jpg