I heard from our friend in the great white north

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Phil Reed said:
Went to a minor league baseball game last night in Anchorage. Bought general admission tickets...........guess where my seat was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...............by the way.............it has been 95 to 104 back home. Was 50 degrees yesterday morning when we got up!!!! About 60 at game time last night!!!!

6de47879.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dick,
Tell Phil to run over to Kodiak (24 hour ferry ride from Homer) and get that 67 427 block that I pulled out of my 67 Corvette in 78 and took to the dump because #8 cyl was cracked. I can tell him where it is. :deal

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dick,
Tell Phil to run over to Kodiak (24 hour ferry ride from Homer) and get that 67 427 block that I pulled out of my 67 Corvette in 78 and took to the dump because #8 cyl was cracked. I can tell him where it is. :deal
Love to Cecil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ships have improved since your day in the service.....the other time we went to Kodiak.....it was an all night "cruise"..............if you can call 12 hours with 20' seas "a cruise"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get me a VIN and location and I'll see what I can do for you!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I dropped it off in the old Bells Flats dump which was an old junkyard used by the Navy but was off base just to the west. They probably cleaned up the place by now. Too bad as it was loaded with cars from the 30's, 40's and 50's many of which were abandoned on base and towed to the dump. There were the remains of PB4Y Privateers, P2 Neptunes, aand at least one T-33 aircraft that had crashed.
I just dumped the block on the ground cuz there wasn't a machine shop in town that could or would sleeve it. Back then it was cheaper to just get another block so I picked up a 396, rebuilt it and transferred the heads and 3x2 intake and carbs and drove it.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Phil: When you get Cecil's block could you stop by Homa,AK and see if you can pick up a couple of items I have ordered from Andy at the "Time Bandit". They should fit in your saddle bags and not require ice.
robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Robert..............we were there in Homer all last weekend!!!! In the past...that's where we buy our crab legs!!!!!! um...um...good!!!!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I wonder if "Capt. Phil " ever went back and picked up that old "409 powered F**d pickup Andy & Jonathan tied to his Pot !!!:eek:laugh

:crazy:cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Too late Robert.......we were there last weekend. Flyin' home in the morning!!

If you'll chip in half for the next ticket...I'll start planning the next trip!!!!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Robert..............we were there in Homer all last weekend!!!! In the past...that's where we buy our crab legs!!!!!! um...um...good!!!!
You had to "buy" crab legs? Glad to see you're contributing to the local economy.
Gee, I never had to pay for crab, halibut steaks, or caribou steaks. I just went down to the basement and grabbed them out of the freezer. Somebody else did all the work.