I must be losing it...

bobs409

Administrator
Buying the same part twice! :doh

I started working the LH lower quarter on the 71 Chevelle and *thought* that I only had the one side trunk drop off. (originally was going to replace one and repair the other side) When I checked to see what side I had, I found the RH side in the garage and looked no further. After getting into the quarter, I decided to go ahead and just get the LH side to make things easier.

Ordered it yesterday and today digging around in the same corner of the garage, I see ANOTHER trunk drop off! WHAT???? :furious Apparently I must have decided last year to get the LH side too. :facepalm

Either I am getting old, have too many cars or maybe too many Yuengling beers in my youth? :bong

Decided to share so we can ALL laugh. :mock Funnier yet, this isn't the first time this happened. At one time, I owned (2) trunk mats for my 66 Chevelle! (same process)

Has this happened to any of you?? :unsure:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Shazam! I thought I was the only one who done stuff like that. My specialty is buying parts and then putting them up so I’ll remember where they are and then not being able to find them. Here’s an example and an expensive one at that! So if you know anybody looking for a 69 GS flip up truck emblem (NIB) I have one at a deal! LOL.
You know Bob I’ve been thinking that maybe I should order a new crate engine like a 532, and may be able to pull off ordering two with that same excuse.:crazy:confused Sure the wifey will understand :facepalm:dunno2D772B318-FA9D-4BB6-9C0D-1723F5A4D06C.jpeg8F1DA0DE-A04D-4FB2-AEBE-80456A467189.jpeg209622A3-E81B-4137-BD36-F599C6FFAB28.jpegADFF4236-526F-4154-9462-BCEC7F71CF14.jpeg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Buying the same part twice! :doh

I started working the LH lower quarter on the 71 Chevelle and *thought* that I only had the one side trunk drop off. (originally was going to replace one and repair the other side) When I checked to see what side I had, I found the RH side in the garage and looked no further. After getting into the quarter, I decided to go ahead and just get the LH side to make things easier.

Ordered it yesterday and today digging around in the same corner of the garage, I see ANOTHER trunk drop off! WHAT???? :furious Apparently I must have decided last year to get the LH side too. :facepalm

Either I am getting old, have too many cars or maybe too many Yuengling beers in my youth? :bong

Decided to share so we can ALL laugh. :mock Funnier yet, this isn't the first time this happened. At one time, I owned (2) trunk mats for my 66 Chevelle! (same process)

Has this happened to any of you?? :unsure:
You mean to tell me you are starting to work on cars!!!!:yikes