I saved these??

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Russ, I have what I believe is the factory PW option on my 62 convertible project, but I don't recall seeing a retainer. I'll check when I'm back out there :).

RussC

Well Known Member
Russ, I have what I believe is the factory PW option on my 62 convertible project, but I don't recall seeing a retainer. I'll check when I'm back out there :).
i I I I don't remember a retainer in that location either. I have several of these in the leftover pile from a couple of different projects???

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Those plates( there need to be 8 of them with 16 sheet metal mounting screws) - mount the two power window boots to the door jamb and the jamb on the car for factory power windows.

They are very hard to find. I only i one set for my 62 Impala SS with power windows. I had to make some of the plates for my 62 Impala SS hardtop with power windows.

You need “rubber“ power window boots around the power window wiring harness to seal up the power window jambs from leaking water inside the car

I believe all 61 to 64 chevys had those plates and the rubber power window boots to keep water out of the car and the doors. For sure 61 & 62‘s had those plates and rubber boots.
“All” the factory door jambs in all models in those years have “knock out plates and marked dimples” in the door jambs to locate the boots and mounting plates that hold the rubber boots against the jambs for the power window wiring harnesses to the doors.

All factory power window cars had the oval plates knocked out( they are tack welded to each jamb - to allow them to be knocked out).
For Any car that did not have the plates removed they can be seen as “depressed oval mounting areas and dimples” to mark the drilling locations ( 4 of them) are visible on every car built (61 & 62 for sure & I think 63 & 64’s)

Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I just looked at the reproduction 63-64 boots and 61-62 rubber boots and they are very similar.
i would bet that 63 -64’s have the same/or very similar plates to hold the rubber boots to the jambs.

I have lots of pictures of these boots/ plates installed on my 62 SS impala on my computer but not home to post them.

RussC

Well Known Member
The face of the 63 boot looks smaller...but could use retainers. The 63 set I removed from a one owner car lacks them...however the boots are replacements. The plates may have been left off in the replacement

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My 64 had them. I do believe they were smaller.:dunno I removed the Power windows, and motor's, because the window frames kept breaking off the horizontal arms. Then, I would find the whole window, down in the bottom of the door.:yikes