I spoke to soon!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I took the 60 out for some really hard traction finding hole shots. When coming out of the hole like I would be racing someboby I have terrible wheel hop :mad: It's so bad I have to get off the throttle :cuss . I guess I'll have to do a little more research. Air bags? Better shocks? Where would I get a performance shock for a 1960 Impala???:evil I have two upper control arms, all arms are boxed and have polyurethaine bushings. Pinion angle is 4 dgs neg. so I'll have to adjust that. One guy said drop the air pressure in the tire? The good news is, If I come out smoken em , and short shift into 2nd I can boil the hides in 2nd gear sideways for a long ways!:eek: :D :D :D :D :D

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Naake shocks look like the ticket but W O W:eek: $138.95 ea. and that is sale price. I'll bet they are really good and they should be for that kind of money. Roy

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Air bags

Do air bags add hight to the rear of the car? I don't want to jack the rear up! It would be nice to have an onboard compressor so you could add or remove air from the bags, what if I get in a street race situation:confused: Street race??? Did I say that:confused:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fat ,,,air bags fit inside of your coil spring and just snug it up to take the recoil out of it. It does not add hieght and you can run one or a pair and just keep them inflated to the pressure that eliminates the hop. ,,,,dq

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I put a set of air bags in my 58 and I run a seperate inflation fitting to each one. I run 45 lbs. in the right or pass. side and 15 lbs. in the other. I can't tell any difference in the ride except it made a big difference when you plant your foot in it out of the hole. I'm running an open rearend and it stopped wheel hop and makes both tires spin just like I had positraction. :cheers Roy