Identify this 61 body style

dgwar

Well Known Member
I know: this is a 1961, 4 door Impala. But, what is the body style?

61L.jpg

dgwar

Well Known Member
I got this e-mail... that is what prompted the question....... a sport coupe is a 2 door. this is a pic of a 4 door hardtop. if the title says its a sport coupe you got the wrong title. ............morse autobody...ohio

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dgwar, It is a bit confusing. 99% of us refer to it as a 4 dr h/t. I own a 62 with that body style. The GM book I have calls it a 4 dr sport sedan. Not a sport coupe. Big differance. My title is in a safety deposit box so I cant easily look at it but I'm almost sure it says 4dr sport sedan. Exactly how is your title worded??

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My book says

Sales broch. says Impala Sport Sedan. Looks like anything 2 door and Hard top is a Coupe. Anything with 4 doors no matter what roof is a Sedan. And anything with a post, no matter how many doors is a Sedan. Except the Wagon.

kingudaroad

Three different body styles in '61. 2dr sport sedan, 4dr sport sedan, and 2dr sport coupe. The sport coupe having the rounded back glass aka bubble top.

I guess you can determine which one you have:)

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
kingudaroad,, I think you left out the conventional 4-dr sedan, 4-dr sedan with posts,,,,,,,, 4-dr sport sedan, without posts.