I'm back, at least for a while

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Many members are not aware of my health issues and that is what I wanted. Many members are aware and I would like to thank them for protecting my privacy. There were a few weeks that my future looked bleak and I withdrew to fight this battle on my own terms. After 8 weeks of chemo therapy and 33 radiation treatments, I feel much better. I received all kinds of awards for finishing my treatments. Diplomas, certificates, etc. Even received t-shirts ,,, cancer survivor for myself and care provider for my wife,,, ( who deserves much more). Being lucky enough to stumble into the right facility and the right doctors had to be
God's doing. God has been so good to me and I know the prayers that my friends and relatives showered me with had a lot to do with good news. In about 6 weeks I will have a PET Scan and the docs. will make a decision as to what to do for the future. 50 years of cigarette smoking finally caught up with me and popped me with lung cancer. I was aware from the beginning what I was doing was stupid but I chose to smoke anyway and now its time to pay the fiddler. I am not naïve , I know the cancer can return any day or maybe it won't. But, the treatments have worked enough that I can move forward and do stuff. My wife and I are still planning on attending Bowling Green. Of course, the PET Scan results could change that but we are planning on the trip as if things are okay. Needless to say, it is so important to me to attend Bowling Green so I can spend some time with my forum buddies. Thanks again for the prayers and support. Hope to see a lot of you in June.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That is wonderful Ronnie!!! We are all so happy for your recovery. Prayers work!!! This is good news to all of your friends here!!!
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Shoot...............I'll even come down and mow your grass for you if you take me to town for tacos for lunch!!! Rest up and do what the doctors tell you!!!!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I'm happy for you Ron that you were able to Fight the cancer on your terms. And I'm happy for you that you and your wife Include God on your team, Maybe some of that faith is a little bit of What has to do with your healing powers( I'd like to think so ) I wish you continued success in your fight And hope that the quality of Your life Remains strong For you to be able to enjoy The rest of whatever God's plan is. I'd also like to believe God loves the sound of your 409's

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Not much I can add to what already has been said. Glad you have had a positive outcome thus far. Be great to meet you again.Take care, Brian Lambert.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie,
I am glad to hear your doing well and understand your need to deal with this at your own discretion and put yourself in God's care. I wish you and your family good health and prayers.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
This is great news,Ronnie..I didn't know the source of the problem,but had a sick feeling that something wasn't right.Keep up the good work,and and I'll see you in Bowling Green.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Ronnie: Glad to hear, you're beating this terrible disease.:bowIt's definitely a challenge.:doh With your wife's help, and the MAN upstairs, recovery, is a Given.:appl Get Well.:clap

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Glad to have you back and with good news and remember what I said, should you need anything just pick up the phone.
:applWill keep on praying:pray
W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So glad to hear that you are back in the saddle Ronnie!! I've been praying for you and the family. Keep up the fight, stay positive, your best days are still ahead of you!!

Dewey

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Ronnie, look up Melling pump # 10552ST with pickup # 12559 and tell me what you think? I was also thinking the plain 10552 pump which is standard press, could be purple spring, 50/60 psi. Both have bolt on pickups.

Last edited:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome back Ronnie! :clap
You sure picked the hard way to quit smoking. :smoke:D
It sounds like you've got a good medical crew looking after you.
I'm thinking that's God's way of thanking you for all the people you've helped on this site over the years. :hug