Impala 409 Stahl headers

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Are Stahl headers good and are they available still what kind of money do they go for . Thanks

Someone on the site here will chime in I’m sure with the information .....when stahl went out of business...... the header jigs were sold someone else is producing them now ........stahl Headers are expensive.....like $1200.... now ???..... but I think what you’ll hear is they’re probably the best quality and performance, fitment was awesome...... but they do exit Inside of the frame rails before the “X” member........There is an option for another quality header from a member here on the site .......I believe they are Wilson Headers, the information is available by searching for “409 Headers”.......These headers probably don’t require as much ground clearance

Last edited:

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
About 10 years ago on a hunch, I called Jerry Stahl about a set of his fenderwell headers. He was recovering from a racing accident, he had someone go to his warehouse while we talked, the guy came back and said he found one set. I bought them and installed them on a silver blue 62 Bubbletop. They fit fine, but none remaining new that I’m aware of.

I agree about Wilson headers. I don’t think he is building any fenderwell headers, but I can certainly vouch for his great quality!!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I don’t even know if they’re producing (ACP that is) the fender well Headers that stahl had produced ......couldn’t help but noticing the similarities and that maybe it would be much more cost-effective to alter the small block Headers design for fender wells for a 57 Chevy .....AA732ABE-6467-47CD-BCF0-4B8763EBA57C.jpeg769DF93B-C6E2-4EFB-A702-A7BBC6C8F983.jpegwith flanges to go to the 409 heads .....871631CE-4DCD-4105-9D7E-F85381838201.jpeg871631CE-4DCD-4105-9D7E-F85381838201.jpeg
The first two photos are stall fender well Headers the second two are some Headers recently for sale on the website they were designed for a 57 Chevy with a small blockAF7FAF35-B1F4-47A1-B637-9F66ED2B5832.jpeg

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I believe that ACP is mfg. the fenderwell headers, I know a guy on FB that ordered a set. He may even be a member on the forum.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Not that you can see them, but I had LaCosta fender-well headers on my black 61 409.

Of course when I was in the pits one time I parked on the grass, jacking with the timing, back fired, flames shot out straight down into the grass!!

Yep, you got it, had to move the car to the pavement and stomp out the fire.

Laughter all around!!

Pure Genius:crazy:crazy:doh:crazy:wacko

8B87CD5B-2159-4C0E-BBBA-A6EBEB7B403E.jpeg