Impala 59 conv from scratch

Lars

Hi there members overseas calling from middel of Sweden Västerås near Stockholm.
Ive sold a 1951 Buick conv in nice orginalcondition and bought a dreamcar since i was a teenager
My brother Kenneth started my intrest in American car in early 70:s in that time there were only
new sold imported American car crusin around from cardealers of GM "Ford Mopar"...
The firs Mc Donalds opened in Stockholm at Kingstreet 1973 i was 15 at that time we went out on the
crusin streets looking at the Big American cars crusin in evnings and i said to my friend one day i will
buy onefore my self. There were a movie on the screens in the same period Harrison Ford driving a
55 chevy that impressed me and my second car i afford was a 55 chevy but with and yellow with
a 327 and 350 tranny . After 8 weeks driving the car one of the lifters broke and it was time to
learning restoring a chevy motor from scratch.
Now ive have bought this dreamcar of mine Impala 59 the guy ive buoght it from had started
with a running car complete . But he had high attends did a frame off resto every thing is new or restored with the chassi and he restored the frame ass well .
I show some pics off the 2years work he did,
Nice web site and i think everyone with this intrest in old chevy cars can have a pleasure to join.
My pics of the chevy were to big send them later.
Thanks Lars Åke Andersson

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2