Impala-Caddilac Seats?

Does anyone know anything about these Cadillac seats?
Ex: Which year Cadillac, are they worth saving, why they're in an Impala, etc.
I pulled them out of my 66 Impala...
th_CaddTilt.jpg
th_DriverandTrim.jpg
th_Passenger.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Probably 90's-up. Not worth anything, plenty of them sitting the junkyards. :D

Your Impala will be alot happier with those out of there! :p Hope you can find some correct seats to put back in.

Back to the engine well.
Would this be good paint to use?:dunno
th_satinblack.jpg
32oz. Satin Black Oil-Based.
I just happened to have it around.
Directions say it has to be at least 50 degrees, so it may not happen until Spring...

bobs409

Administrator
No don't use that, nothing oil based. What you want is an acrylic enamel in a spray can.

Now that you mention it, the trim panels do look older, they actually look like Impala. Hard to tell as the pic is small. Can you put a pic of just the panels on, I may be able to identify them for certain.

Funny thing, the ebay listing you linked to is mine. :D

Thanks. I'll stop being cheap about the paint and go buy the right kind and do it right the first time. :crazy

The panels didn't seem to match the seats well - which have the Cadillac logo.
A magnet does not stick to them, aluminum?
Last restorer may have done a GM mix and match.
Here's a better picture.
HPIM0987.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Yep, those are 66+ Impala. I think they used these up to about 69 or so. I know some other GM's also used them like Olds, Pontiac & Buicks.

I'd hang onto those but ditch the seat. :D

bobs409

Administrator
Ah, the infamous smoothie wheels! I used to have those. A classic look for sure. If they have the 8 lug holes, they are aftermarket and a really nice low cost wheel.

Getting dents out on pieces like that take time and patience. Alot of experience helps too.

I would try to just press them out lightly from the back side. Lay them on a flat smooth surface that won't harm the good side and lightly tap or press. A little at a time is best.

Aha, that's what they're called. Lot of them around when I was growing up, brings back memories. I think I'll save them. I'm cleaning parts and storing as I go. Should I just put all this stuff in cardboard boxes? Is that the best way to save things? Plastic bags may cause rust b/c of condensation, right? Found some more tiny bits of build sheet today amonst the dead mice. It's like being an anthropologist. I think the stink bugs scared the cats away so the mice took over. The car has it's own ecosystem... :laugh The engine well is coming along. She cleans up nicely...
th_presswash.jpg