In California: State to ban sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
So the carbon footprint for the car burning petro is there, BUT what carbon footprint is there to generate the electricity coal, natural gas, nuclear?? Wind- the carbon fiber blades are made form petro products and they do not know what to do with them for disposal! Soalr where do they get those minerals for the cells-strip mining. The batteries alone are another potential environmental disposal issue. And recycled batteries for reuse have to be on a trickle charger or they go bad.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So the carbon footprint for the car burning petro is there, BUT what carbon footprint is there to generate the electricity coal, natural gas, nuclear?? Wind- the carbon fiber blades are made form petro products and they do not know what to do with them for disposal! Soalr where do they get those minerals for the cells-strip mining. The batteries alone are another potential environmental disposal issue. And recycled batteries for reuse have to be on a trickle charger or they go bad.
SHHHHHHHHssss. Your not supposed to ask questions :no Just use your feelings :D

Thunder80

OLD CARS may not live forever - but there will always be some that keep the hobby alive in some form. In 20 years there may not be as many as noy. Like going back 20 years, how many old cars were around then. I mean - 20 years ago there were more 30, 30, 40 cars around than now. Things will always shrink down to the best to save. It's hard to find cheap drivable 50's. Twenty years from now will be even harder.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
OLD CARS may not live forever - but there will always be some that keep the hobby alive in some form. In 20 years there may not be as many as noy. Like going back 20 years, how many old cars were around then. I mean - 20 years ago there were more 30, 30, 40 cars around than now. Things will always shrink down to the best to save. It's hard to find cheap drivable 50's. Twenty years from now will be even harder.
The thing that worries me most about all this crap is what is going to happen to all of the gas stations, etc? Hell, 15 years from now is nothing in my ownership experiences (except I'll be older than dirt). We just traded my wife's 14-year old car in last week for a new one, mostly because her's didn't have all of the current dingle-berries on it that we all expect these days (hands-free phone, bluetooth, Nav, backup camera, auto dimming mirrors, etc.).
John

Thunder80

Look at what the farmers are doing. His battery operated, no person, tractors are going all over his farm while he sits at home behind a screen. How do you like that. All in the name of advancement. It's just crazy what we are doing to ourselves. Where did all the fun of getting in with the eng and working on them. Remember when you could get in there and have lots of room, almost everyone could work on them. set points with a match, set plugs almost the same, where close would be good, and the car would run till you got a set of tools to ck them out. Ah the fun old days. Yes we didn't have all the bells and whistlers, some cars only had one outside mirror, no seat belts. Did we go fast, we thought about it. Now a law on this, that and the other. They even charge for special paint. Maybe we should all get a horse and buggy. But someone would say - pollution